Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

LIFT KIT VS. 5TH WEEL TRAILER

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  MikeThompson 
#1 ·
HI, I FINALLY PURCHASED A POWERSTROKE 2008' F250 XLT 4X4 W OFFROAD PCKG. I WANT TO ADD A LIFT KIT BUT AM WORRIED ABOUT BEING ABLE TO HAUL A FITH WHEEL TRAILER. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE ON HOW HIGH I CAN LIFT THE TRUCK BEFORE IT INTERFERES WITH THE HOOK UP? THANKS

#3 ·
Had to do a spring flip on my 5th wheel to get truck under it. 2.5" lift in front & stock in rear. I have about 5" between truck bed rails & 5er, would like more. Need to have trailer level to truck or you will put to much weight on back axle. Axles on most campers are already under sized.

#6 ·
Hey thanks a lot guys! Especially for the pics, that helps a lot! I really wanted at least a 6 inch lift. I will take the proper measurements and post the results. I'm shooting in the dark til I get back to the trailer which is in NC. I have a place in Atlanta aswell that limits me to 7ft 2 inches of clearance in the parking garage, so def have a few obstacles to get around. So ( as absolutely last option) how big of a job would it be to add a small lift to a trailer? Thanks again guys!

#7 ·
There is a company that makes custom air ride suspension kits. They are quite expensive but you could go from say 4-8" on a selectable switch. I'm not sure if they make kits that small but I'm sure you could talk to them about it.

kelderman air ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.