best leveling kit for 2002 f-350 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
best leveling kit for 2002 f-350

I am looking for a 2" leveling kit for my 2002 F-350. i have a block and airbags in the rear for towing but i like the height in the rear and only want another 2" in front. I was wondering if just a simple 2" mini pack under my existing leaf springs will do the trick or should i go better quality. I also am putting on bilsteins all round. Thanks for any advice and links would be greatly appreciated for good prices and quality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2012, 05:48 AM

I had a 2000 F-250, extended cab long bed, that I put the Tuff Country Mini spring packs on. The kit came with a drop track bar which was nice, but the ride was rather stiff.
Now I have a 2001 F-350, crew cab long bed, and i went with the procomp 2" replacement springs up front and bought an adjustable track bar. I am so much happier with the ride quality of the procomp springs.
Just for reference I use my truck for highway use and spend hours a week on back roads. I have taken both trucks off road in the sand and rocks and the procomps ride and handle much better.
The f-250 had airbags in the back and the f-350 has the larger blocks, both trucks sat level.

Procomp kit Pro Comp Suspension Systems K4012 - Pro Comp Level Lift Suspension System Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Tuff Country kit Tuff Country 22962 - Ford F250 / F350 Leveling Kit - 2000-2004 2.5"
Old 07-04-2012, 05:54 AM
Premium Member

For around the same price you could just do front air bags or go with after market leaf springs.........Or even some stock X-codes, can get those for under $300 including shipping from SDtrucksprings.com.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg_064 View Post
For around the same price you could just do front air bags or go with after market leaf springs.........Or even some stock X-codes, can get those for under $300 including shipping from SDtrucksprings.com.
What are x-code springs? I plan on putting on bilsteins after the leveling. Do I need a relocation bracket for track bar or an adjustable track ball? I was thinking just a mini leaf pack off ebay for $100
Old 07-04-2012, 06:07 AM
Premium Member

The x-codes are Ford's heaviest duty front springs...Went on the F450/550s and snow plow package trucks....Do a search on them, plenty of people have used them for a leveling kit.

just IMO here, I wouldn't go with the mini-leaf pack. A PO of my truck added a shorter extra leaf and it's been diggin into the bottom of my stock pack so now I'm having to replace the whole set. Though it doesn't seem like it was made for it so the mini-packs could work fine, just think full length would be best.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:11 AM

Quote:
The x-codes are Ford's heaviest duty front springs...Went on the F450/550s and snow plow package trucks....Do a search on them, plenty of people have used them for a leveling kit.

just IMO here, I wouldn't go with the mini-leaf pack. A PO of my truck added a shorter extra leaf and it's been diggin into the bottom of my stock pack so now I'm having to replace the whole set. Though it doesn't seem like it was made for it so the mini-packs could work fine, just think full length would be best.
How difficult is install of the new springs?
Old 07-04-2012, 06:15 AM
Premium Member

Looks like it's only 2 more bolts then adding a mini-pack would be....Have to jack up the frame and unbolt the axle anyways, just 2 more to unbolt the springs. I'll be finding out here in the next couple weeks or so. And you should get new U-bolts everytime you unbolt the axle.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Looks like it's only 2 more bolts then adding a mini-pack would be....Have to jack up the frame and unbolt the axle anyways, just 2 more to unbolt the springs. I'll be finding out here in the next couple weeks or so. And you should get new U-bolts everytime you unbolt the axle.
Thank you please PM me when you do the install and let me know what you needed if you can. I really need to level my truck. Just want to make sure it doesn't lift the front to the point where it's higher than the rear.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:31 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
to the OP, do you like the current ride quality..minus the shocks ???? if so you need to look into a hanger or shackle kit. it keep the ride quality while lifting the truck up to 2.5" depending on the maker. when changing springs or adding mini packs or add a leafs, it increases spring rate and ride may suffer. swapping to a full aftermarket spring can have same effect, with out knowing what the spring rate is , you really dont know what shock will be best. either way if you want great ride quality, a bilstein 7100 series is a great shock choice, you can either change valving your self, or have someone who really knows these trucks set it up for you.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:57 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I personally went with the Pro Comp 2" shackle and hanger kit. I am very pleased with the ride quality and handling on an off road. I picked them up from Raul at Stealth Automotive, who is a vendor here on the ORG.

http://www.stealth-automotive.com/in...roduct_id=1019
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.