Your Thoughts on these leveling/lift kits.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 04:51 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Your Thoughts on these leveling/lift kits....

I'm wanting to put a cheap lift/leveling kit and new shocks/dual stabilizer on my '07 F250. My truck is completely stock but has 172k miles on it and still the factory shocks as well.

-The pink picture is a 3.5" front level and 2" rear kit (very basic)

-The other kit is a 3" front/2" rear but includes what they are calling a "billet track bar drop?"

Both of these kits are Ebay kits. Considering both kits, would I buy shocks for a 2" or 4" lift? I do not want to use the shock extenders.

What are your opinions on these two kits? Is one better than the other? Do both of them scream stay away? I've never had anything other than a body lift on my previous trucks. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Your Thoughts on these leveling/lift kits....-3plus-front-2-rear.jpg   Your Thoughts on these leveling/lift kits....-3-front-2-rear.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 05:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The billet one looks like a newton level kit, a few people on here have them and are pleased.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:10 AM

Thanks for the reply. I have looked at the newton lifts-I think this is just a copy. Just a little background info on the truck-I have only owned it the past two years and have only put about 4k miles on it in the past two years. It sits TOO much. If these kits will lift/level the truck and function right mechanically, that is what I want to know. Ride quality is not an issue. I really want it to look good sitting in the driveway, and the little bit I do use it. I'll put a real lift on it in a couple of years.

People-let me know what you think!
Old 03-27-2012, 01:15 PM

Anyone? Is it really this simple to mildly lift one of these trucks?
Old 03-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I think so

Practically anything will work.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

just remeber when ever you lift 05+ trucks with stock radius armsyou will need to add castor shims to correct the lack of castor these truck alredy have. if you dont you wil complain about the truck wondering on the road!!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:34 PM

Can you post the links where you found these kits?
Old 03-30-2012, 08:01 AM

this is for the "newton style" billet kit:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

and this is for the black powdercoat kit:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

On the radius arm comment-is a radius arm "drop" bracket what I want to lift/level? This has been confusing me. The black powdercoat kit has another variation that includes radius arm drop brackets.

Thanks for the guidance thus far. I will order one of these two kits in the next two to three weeks along with new shocks and dual steering stabilizers. My truck does have 35x12.50x20's if that is a factor. It is completely stock and I hate the way the wheel wells look so stuffed.

When I order shocks I will order lift spec shocks so I will not have to use the shock extender brackets-don't really like the looks of those things.

Does this look like a good plan?
Old 03-30-2012, 08:18 AM

If i were you, I would get the "newton style" lift, just because it has track bar spacers and the other one does not. These spacers will help keep your axle centered after lifting it. And i think its a good idea to buy shocks that are specific for the lift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.