Carli Pintop FUN! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Carli Pintop FUN!

Just had to write a little bit about my Carli Pintop 2.5 kit. So far I am very impressed with it, I did it to improve the highway ride and have to say it did that and I'm really enjoying it. Even though my truck is on the pavement 95% of the time the one road I travel to work is like driving through Baja only it's paved

I swapped out the Nitto Trail Grappler MT's for some Mickey Thompson ATZs and the ride is smoother and quieter and I'm enjoying it even more. And when I lowered the tire pressure to 55psi all around it was very, very nice. I don't even worry about hitting man hole covers or any other sections of rough roads now.

Got to play on a dirt road yesterday when going to ride my dirt bike. Normally I take it easy but I just accelerated and had a big old grin on my face

So I think I'll need some mud flaps as the new tires like to chuck rocks but that's in the works. And as of now all I can say is I'm really Loving my Truck

If I lived somewhere that had decent off roading I could be in trouble.HAHAHA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 04:51 PM

I am feeling it too!
Old 03-12-2012, 06:08 PM

I'm feeling it as well even with the bilsteins the ride is great. Congrats guys. I'm enjoying mine as well

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 03-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

it's addicting.. Everyone that calls mentions they dont plan on doing this or that, until they get a taste..haha Nice Guys
Old 03-13-2012, 05:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strapt In View Post
it's addicting.. Everyone that calls mentions they dont plan on doing this or that, until they get a taste..haha Nice Guys
Ain't that the truth Chuck!

I don't know how many times I've had guys tell me that they rarely leave the pavement and then end up getting a system like the Performance 2.0 or Pintop 2.5 for great street manners. And then over time they add full leafs or torsion sway bars(Dodge) since they now tend to take the roads less traveled.

The best stories are the "pucker" stories when they take their BowTie friends for a ride. The Chevy guys rant about how good their truck ride so a Dodge or Ford guy with a good suspension takes them for a ride. Just as the Chevy guy is commenting about the truck riding better and maybe close to their glorified cars the Dodge/Ford owner decides to drop the hammer as they approach some train tracks or a huge crest/dip in the road. The passenger scrambles to grab everything in reach, puckers up, closes eyes, and braces for impact. After the driver calmly clears the obstacle the passenger opens their eyes to see if it is over yet and either screams "Holy Crap!" or starts giggling like a school girl.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Have lot's of videos of people getting scared or laughing...haha It never gets old...
Old 03-13-2012, 04:47 PM

Well I know one thing I'll be looking for all of the roads less traveled.

And hey if it wasn't a long drive from Maryland I would love to come out west sometime but I don't see that happening.

So just so I know my kit is working properly you all still feel the rail road tracks right? Just not as bad as the stock suspension. It reminds me of a sports car firm but no harshness to it.

So for now it's only a minor off road thing but I'll see more in the future I'm sure
Old 03-14-2012, 10:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

That is pretty much the feeling depending on air pressure and rim diameter..
With 35's you will feel the little things. Once you go 37's with 17's and 40 psi front and 35 psi rear it rides super plush. Makes the back end feel even more connected when your out in the dirt.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:13 PM

Thanks right now I'm running 18" rims with 35" Mickey Thompson ATZs set at 55psi all around and the ride isn't bad. I might play with it some and see if I can go lower at least when I'm empty. If I'm hauling something or ever tow something I'll bump it back up.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strapt In View Post
Have lot's of videos of people getting scared or laughing...haha It never gets old...
were are these vids?? D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.