Pro-Comp 6.5" lift and Pitman Arm Question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 07:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to bwmtnbiker
Pro-Comp 6.5" lift and Pitman Arm Question

I bought some 6.5" springs from a friend of mine for my 2003 F250 6.0. I know that I need a drop pitman arm. I ordered one from performace4trucks.com. The one i asked for said it was for a 4"-6" suspension lift. The one that the guy put on the order is a pro-comp 4" drop pitman.

First question is, is there a difference between the two and will a 4" work with 6" of lift?

Second, will I need bigger one if I decide to go to 8" lift?

Thanks in advance and pardon the newbie questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Premium Member

From my experience, the Pro-Comp 6.5 springs will need an 8 inch rear set up to sit level. I took out the bottom 3/8" plate AND the next two leafs and mine is still a touch high in the front, not much. Out back I have Pro-Comp 6" springs. In short, considering I took 1.5" of spring out of mine, they would be great with 8" out back.

I'm using a 4-6 pitman arm and a track bar drop for a 6" lift. Everything works pretty good.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:23 AM

Thats exactly what i was looking for. I had a feeling it would be ok but just wanted to make sure.

So with the 6.5" springs ill need to go 8" in the rear? I always thought that the rear need less lift than the front...
Old 02-06-2012, 10:28 AM

Also, i know that you are running 365 series tires on your lift with the bumper moved forward (Ive been researching tires lol), do yours rub on the leafs?

Im ordering a set of BFG KM2s and im torn between getting 345/75/16 or 375/75/16..
Old 02-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwmtnbiker View Post
Thats exactly what i was looking for. I had a feeling it would be ok but just wanted to make sure.

So with the 6.5" springs ill need to go 8" in the rear? I always thought that the rear need less lift than the front...
When I had 3" hangers/add-a-leaf up front, it tail drug with a 5" block, hence the Pro-Comp 6" rear springs. I forgot this when I bought the 6.5 springs from my friend. I should have bought a 4" spring set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwmtnbiker View Post
Also, i know that you are running 365 series tires on your lift with the bumper moved forward (Ive been researching tires lol), do yours rub on the leafs? Im ordering a set of BFG KM2s and im torn between getting 345/75/16 or 375/75/16..
I was running 365s, Toyo quit making them. Anyway, they only hit the leafs at full lock, it wasn't that big of a deal. If I went that wide again, I'd be buying some 12 inch wheels. Even with the off set bead I wore out the centers first at 50psi.

Last edited by Karls03; 02-06-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karls03 View Post
When I had 3" hangers/add-a-leaf up front, it tail drug with a 5" block, hence the Pro-Comp 6" rear springs. I forgot this when I bought the 6.5 springs from my friend. I should have bought a 4" spring set.
Ok, I gotcha now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karls03 View Post
I was running 365s, Toyo quit making them. Anyway, they only hit the leafs at full lock, it wasn't that big of a deal. If I went that wide again, I'd be buying some 12 inch wheels. Even with the off set bead I wore out the centers first at 50psi.
Yeah im not to worried about the full lock rub, rarely ever do I turn full lock. I may need to double check my rim width before I go to put them on...

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
drop, lift, pitman, steering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.