Any picks of 8" - 9" lifts w/ 35's - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 09:33 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any picks of 8" - 9" lifts w/ 35's

Anyone have pics of this combo? 99-04 would be preferable, but any are welcomed. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

8-9 inches on lift would be a bit much for 35" tires i think....I have 35's on mine now and only a 4" inch lift. My old truck had 10" lift and 40's under it...id think 37's would probably look better.

Last edited by mydirtytruck; 02-01-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yeah, about the max you would want to go with 35's is 6in, past that they will start to look to small.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:52 PM

I agree. 35s are way to small for that. Unless you are going for that look? It seems now alot of people are running huge lifts with tiny tires stretched on wheels that are way to wide.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:40 PM

Well I know I am going to get flack, but yes I am wanting to go for that suedo look. Figured it would come up.

Yes I know 35's will fit w/ the 6 inch. I have a 2004 F250 with 6 inch Donahue/icon lift on 35 toyo's on 18x10's. Love it. Now however, I want to do something different. I do appreciate as they say the "cen cal" look but not all aspects with really stretched tires and enormous lifts. I want something in between what really fits with lift height and the "cen cal"

I am looking at doing 8 inches of lift with 35 mud grapplers (which are larger than most 35's) on some 20x12 rims. Not to over the top but something a little different.

I understand the look is not for everyone and I can appreciate all types of styles. Just the way I want to go.

Thanks though for the info.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:54 PM

In for some pics as well, Looks like im going with 7"front/8"rear and will be stuck with 35's for a bit...
Old 02-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
^^^ same here Clayton1985 , I think im leaning towards my 8" lift to install and same here will be stuck with my tire combo till i can swap out or buy a new set!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 06:57 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I run 9.5" on 37s and most people say they look small. However when we get rowdy and take her through the whoops in the dunes hard, i have hit and bent the rear part of the fender well at the front fender and the rear bed..... though my suspension is pretty soft and can travel more then most. i would say 9" on 35s would look small, unless you ran really wide tires like 35x14s or 35x15s, like SSRs, and that looks pretty good. That is the big thing in SoCal right now. 10-12" lift on 35x15.5x22 SSRs on 22x14 rims. Looks great in my opinion, the width makes up it. just running 35x12.5s on stock or 10" wide wheels is going to look very disproportionate.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:19 PM

I was thinking about doing kinda the same thing but I was hopeing to run 20x12 and 35x13.5 on my 04 with a 6 inch lift but I will go bigger if I have too

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 02-01-2012, 08:13 PM

Cool good to see I'm not the only one going to be running this style.

Jetjock - always liked your trucks. I was back on "Ford truck world" years ago and you were there when you had your silver truck. Feels like ages, got off 5 years ago or so due to a virus from the web site getting my computer. Quick question for you. I do think the 05+ trucks sit 1-2 inches higher stock than the 99-04's. Does that mean that since you have 9.5 inches of lift is that more like 10.5 to 11 on a 99-04? Figure since you had both styles you would know how the lift relates. Wondering then if a 8-9 inch on a 99-04 would be more like 7 to 8 on a 05+.

But yes agree with stock or 10 inch rims would look goofy. Want to run 20x12's and a wide 35. Who knows maybe when it comes time for tires I may do the 22x14's w/ iroks. The wide tires and wide rims do look pretty sweet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.