TRACK BAR PROBLEMS - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 478
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
TRACK BAR PROBLEMS

Bought the track bar that supposed to end the death wobble. now when it hit a bump the body rolls. when the truck is sitting still and you turn the steering wheel the body raises roughly 1/2-3/4". the new bar is mounted on top of the axle and the track bar is almost level now. the tie rod/drag link are not paralell with each other. could this be the problem?

Last edited by JD_MILLS; 01-26-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 01-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Welcome,N.C
Posts: 317
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_MILLS View Post
Bought the track bar that supposed to end the death wobble. now when it hit a bump the body rolls. when the truck is sitting still and you turn the steering wheel the body raises roughly 1/2-3/4". the new bar is mounted on top of the axle and the track bar is almost level now. the tie rod/drag link are not paralell with each other. could this be the problem?
Most of the times when someone comes in with a death wobble at where i work 70% of the time its tires the other 30 % its wore out front end parts ! The body has to raise some when you turn due to caster! However if the track bar has anyplay at all it can make them drive pretty mean ! Start switching the tires frist (keeping up with where you put them ) and see if this changes anything ! PM me if i can help out ! Would be happy to , I deal with this stuff almost daily it seems!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 01-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 478
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The truck doesn't wobble. the body simply rolls when you hit a bump. i'm thinking its because of the angle of the track bar because once i moved the mount to the top of the axle it now runs straight with the axle instead of the drag link. but no bump steer. and the caster is set where it needs to be. the main reason i bought the new track bar was to be able to adjust it. not because of the whole "death wobble"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 01-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Are you talking about bump steer? Where the steeing wheel moves to the right then baclk to the left when going over let's say a speed bump?

From the sounds of it this track bar may not run parrallel to your tie rod's, this giving you this feelin of left to right body roll

Pics help out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 01-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 478
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Its really somethin you would have to see to understand but I got it figured out today. Thanks for the help gentleman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors