Got the CustomDiesels leveling kit installed. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Got the CustomDiesels leveling kit installed.

thought id post up pics of my leveling kit 2.5" i just got on. Super easy to put on. Had to go buy new 6 ton jack stands. the 4 tons i had were screaming and flexing under the weight of the front end. only complaint i have is i think the kit shoulda come with new brake lines or maybe a longer bracket for them to allow a little more length...
oh and seems like they chatter a bit when going over a bumpy road. i think its cause there isnt an isolator between the new spacer and the frame mount.??

Before

after

during

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

i have never done a leveling kit on a 2011 but shouldnt the spacer go under the spring instead of above it?

that is how the lift on my 06 was with the spacer under then spring
Old 01-19-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatham036 View Post
i have never done a leveling kit on a 2011 but shouldnt the spacer go under the spring instead of above it?

that is how the lift on my 06 was with the spacer under then spring
there are kits both ways. from what i read the spacer on the bottom creats to much stress on the spacer and bolt?? i dunno but i like this setup better. thing i dont like about this kit is there was no isolator between spacer and frame mount and is noisey. will have to make my own now...
Old 01-21-2012, 01:00 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I have a leveling kit that's been lying around for too long and I have some time next week to do it. It's the same setup that you have it I was wondering about installation. Do you simply jack the front of the truck up and put jack stands on the frame and then put the jack under the axle and lower it until the springs come down enough? It seems like there is more to it than that? Do you have to unbolt anything? And how long did it take you start to finish? Any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazsecond View Post
I have a leveling kit that's been lying around for too long and I have some time next week to do it. It's the same setup that you have it I was wondering about installation. Do you simply jack the front of the truck up and put jack stands on the frame and then put the jack under the axle and lower it until the springs come down enough? It seems like there is more to it than that? Do you have to unbolt anything? And how long did it take you start to finish? Any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
yea its real easy. i had to get 6 ton jack ton stands cause the 4 tons were flexing bad. i put them on the front of the frame behind the bumper. then take the tires off. disconnect abs connectors, the 4x4 vaccum lines, and remove the bolt holding the brake lines to the axles... then remove lower shock mounts, and sway bar end links. lower the front axle down till you can get the springs out. install spacers and shock extenders.

raise axle back up and reconnect everything. pretty easy. i dunno which one you got but mine makes noise alot and custom diesel said i should use the rubber issolator between the spacer and frame. but i can cause issolator is formed for the spring and not flat on both sides...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.