Opinions: E99 level kit, looking for 3" or so. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Opinions: E99 level kit, looking for 3" or so.

I have a mini spring pack right now and they are only 2". I need to get the trackbar bracket or an adjustable track bar for the front and want to get another inch or so out of it to level the truck as right now the front is about 1" lower than the rear. Who makes or what is the best way to get 3" of lift up front? I have the bigger rear blocks that are almost 4" tall, so I just need the front up about 3" to make it level according to wheelwell height measurements. I was thinking of a 2" shackle kit and then maybe an add a leaf for the extra inch?? Just want some ideas on ways to get there with minimal effort/money of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Premium Member

Put a shorter block in the back or buy a 4~6 inch lift kit. I piddled around like you're doing, I bought two lifts and an add-a-leaf trying to "save money". You'll be money ahead by just getting it over with and buying a complete lift. 35s and a 6 inch lift will do you just fine.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:12 AM

Do a 2" shackle/hanger kit, then remove several of the plates of the mini spring pack.

I am running 3 of the included 5 leaves of the Zone Offroad mini spring pack plus a full-length add-a-leaf for a total 4" lift.

I like the mini spring packs because you can fine tune lift height by adding or removing the individual plates.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:26 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian 444 View Post
Do a 2" shackle/hanger kit, then remove several of the plates of the mini spring pack.

I am running 3 of the included 5 leaves of the Zone Offroad mini spring pack plus a full-length add-a-leaf for a total 4" lift.

I like the mini spring packs because you can fine tune lift height by adding or removing the individual plates.
I HAD a Rough Country add-a-leaf, it didn't fit right and chaffed the the lower leaf in the OEM pack, I ditched it AND the 3" hangers for some Pro-Comp springs.

At 4" of front lift, you really need a trac bar drop bracket and a dropped steering arm. You can only extend that drag link so far before it is at its max, then you can't center your wheel and loose steering radius, I think it was to the left.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:03 PM

I think my plan is to gather the parts slowly. I will leave the 2" spring pack, buy the 2" shackle drop kit with shocks from stealth, get a trackbar drop bracket for 4" lift and the pitman arm. That should put me at 4" up front and just a 1/4" or so above my rear blocks. This way I can leave the stock track bar until I want to buy an adjustable.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99F250SD7.3 View Post
I think my plan is to gather the parts slowly. I will leave the 2" spring pack, buy the 2" shackle drop kit with shocks from stealth, get a trackbar drop bracket for 4" lift and the pitman arm. That should put me at 4" up front and just a 1/4" or so above my rear blocks. This way I can leave the stock track bar until I want to buy an adjustable.
1. Price these items seperately, you'll find a complete lift is cheaper. Been there, done that, bought 2 lifts doing it.
2. The purpose of the dropped trac bar bracket is to keep the trac bar parallel to the drag link. Using a dropped steering arm with an adjustbale trac bar on the OEM bracket will have the trac bar at a higher angle than the drag link.
3. DON'T STACK YOUR BLOCKS! Buy a proper sized block if the kit requires you to stack. It's not safe, I've seen them spit out.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karls03 View Post
1. Price these items seperately, you'll find a complete lift is cheaper. Been there, done that, bought 2 lifts doing it.
2. The purpose of the dropped trac bar bracket is to keep the trac bar parallel to the drag link. Using a dropped steering arm with an adjustbale trac bar on the OEM bracket will have the trac bar at a higher angle than the drag link.
3. DON'T STACK YOUR BLOCKS! Buy a proper sized block if the kit requires you to stack. It's not safe, I've seen them spit out.
I don't plan on stacking blocks. I think price wise for the 2" shackle kit with shocks, the drop trackbar bracket and the trackbar I will be spending less than a lift, considering the cheapest lift is the $809 Rough Country. I don't need the lift at the moment as my tires clear, but I want to do it in the future to level the truck out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.