Rear blocks and ubolts for my F350 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Dont Mess With Texas!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rear blocks and ubolts for my F350

here is my question, I have a 2.5" leveling kit and now I want to lift my rear end 1" to 1.5" taller than it is now (its an F350) what is my best bet to do that? get a 1.5" block and new ubolts and stack em or does someone make a block that is 1.5" taller with new bolts?

any vendors chime in please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Never stack blocks, measure your current blocks and of course get blocks that are 1" bigger. However quick question, do you offroad in the sand at all? I ask because of wheel hop/axle wrap, in which case you might want to look into add-a-leaf. Ready-lift I think has blocks that many of our vendors carry, usually quicker response to PM them
Old 01-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Let's Run'em

Also don't get too carried away with lifting the rear, as you'll need to start messing with the carrier bearing which will cause drive live vibrations.....just an FYI
Old 01-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Dont Mess With Texas!

Yes I'm on the beach all the time in the summer don't want to spend the money on traction bars really, do u think add a leads will help with the wheel hop? U think a 1" taller block would need new carrier bearing?
Old 01-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Let's Run'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdCoastStroker View Post
Yes I'm on the beach all the time in the summer don't want to spend the money on traction bars really, do u think add a leads will help with the wheel hop? U think a 1" taller block would need new carrier bearing?
An add a leaf isn't gonna help at all with the wheel hop, in fact it might make it worse, because you are "stiffening" the leaf pack, but it won't be as bad as it would be with a bigger block. You should be ok with the carrier bearing, but if you get a slight vibration, then that's what it is.......honestly man, if you have the coin for it, traction bars are worth their weight in gold in the sand, you truck will be a totally different animal, well worth it if you spend your time in the sand.

With my 08 dually, driving through the sand was just ridiculous. Removed the overload and installed some pro-comp traction bars, truck went from weak sauce to an absolute beast in the sand
Old 01-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Dont Mess With Texas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboStroker View Post
An add a leaf isn't gonna help at all with the wheel hop, in fact it might make it worse, because you are "stiffening" the leaf pack, but it won't be as bad as it would be with a bigger block. You should be ok with the carrier bearing, but if you get a slight vibration, then that's what it is.......honestly man, if you have the coin for it, traction bars are worth their weight in gold in the sand, you truck will be a totally different animal, well worth it if you spend your time in the sand.

With my 08 dually, driving through the sand was just ridiculous. Removed the overload and installed some pro-comp traction bars, truck went from weak sauce to an absolute beast in the sand
yeah, but i still have to get blocks with those traction bars, how do the pro comp's mount to the axle?
Old 01-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Let's Run'em

Quote:
yeah, but i still have to get blocks with those traction bars, how do the pro comp's mount to the axle?
Kind of a pain in the azz, it "sandwich-es" between the leaf pack/block and axle. Personally, if you wanted to do it, I would run the OUO traction bar/lift block combo and be done with it. Looks awesome and works even better
Old 01-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Dont Mess With Texas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboStroker View Post
Kind of a pain in the azz, it "sandwich-es" between the leaf pack/block and axle. Personally, if you wanted to do it, I would run the OUO traction bar/lift block combo and be done with it. Looks awesome and works even better
see thats where I dont want to go, I dont want to spend any money on my truck this year, just maintenence stuff. gotta put away some money thinking about selling the house in may and building a new house on some land outside of town 100 to 200 acres
Old 01-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Let's Run'em

Quote:
see thats where I dont want to go, I dont want to spend any money on my truck this year, just maintenence stuff. gotta put away some money thinking about selling the house in may and building a new house on some land outside of town 100 to 200 acres
One more mod ain't gonna hurt
Old 01-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Premium Member

I run a 6" Pro Comp spring lift in the rear, and I drive in some soft sand. It's not bad. By far the best thing I had in the sand so far was a set of 365/65 16 Toyos. At 14.5 wide, I didn't need 4hi much. But, they quit making them and I am on 315s using 4hi in the sand like its cool. While ladder bars would be cool, I do fine.

So do the add-a-leaf this year and the ladders after you buy yer new hut. If you go real tall remember that the carrier bearing needs a wedge to be lowered, NOT a block. I've seen guys use a block in their CB and grind it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.