Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Icon 4.5 hanger with 4" springs in front what about the rear?

762 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TurboMustang370 
#1 ·
Do I want to run 8" leaf's in the rear or 5" leaf's and what size block in the rear. Looking for a level stance sitting at roughly 8.5 " total lift. I still want the ability to tow if needed but wont be doing it often. Maybe a camping trailer or towing the wifes Honda. HELP, before I order parts:dunno::crazy:

#3 ·
I have Icon's 4.5" lift with OUO's traction blocks. Call Icon directly, they are VERY helpful with proper ordering and also the guy that owns OUO is AWESOME, we talked on the phone for at least half hour. He explained EVERYTHING to me including the block degree and bar length.

#4 ·
Thank to you both. Never thought about using trac-bars. I will have to look into them to find why to get these vs just using reg stock blocks.
Any other info is appreciated. I will check on OUO on Truck toyz web page, where I bought my 4.5 hanger. I have tried contacting them to find out what is needed to perform this custom type of lift but no responce yet, probably casue of holidays.
I dont know what the heck I even need in the front other than the 4"springs...and I know there has to be more too it.?

#5 ·
Here's some info/videos about OUO Traction Blocks.

One Up Offroad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.