Adding A Leveling Kit on a Lift Kit?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Adding A Leveling Kit on a Lift Kit??

2012 F350 Lariat 4x4 with the FX4 package and had an 8" ProComp Stage 2 lift installed, Toyo Open Country 38x15.5r20 tires and a set of Fuel Throttle 20x12 -44 4.75"bs rims.
Right now the front tires just catch the outer corner of the tire on the fender and the back end of the truck sits 1-2" lower then the front.
Can I add a 2" leveling kit to the front and the 3" stock block in the rear? I will change out the shocks F&R to compensate for the added length and have U bolts made for the rear.
Never done this before so any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Premium Member

hhhhmmmm ok just by looking at this it yes you can as long as your lift in the back is springs and not blocks and then just throw the spacers up under the coil springs in the front but thats odd that your front is sitting higher than your rear you might want to check your torsion arms and see how far they are turned in im betting thats what they did in order to get the tires in there, i had a truck years ago like that
Old 12-13-2011, 10:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by still runs View Post
hhhhmmmm ok just by looking at this it yes you can as long as your lift in the back is springs and not blocks and then just throw the spacers up under the coil springs in the front but thats odd that your front is sitting higher than your rear you might want to check your torsion arms and see how far they are turned in im betting thats what they did in order to get the tires in there, i had a truck years ago like that
No Torsion bars on this truck. Has a solid axle with coil springs.
The rear came with 2 leaves and a new block.
Thinking of putting the stock 3" block I took out back in under the block from the lift kit. Of course I have to have U-Bolts made for it.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:25 PM
Premium Member

are you going to run with both blocks in ???
Old 12-14-2011, 02:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
are you going to run with both blocks in ???
I was thinking so, yes. That's why I was going to get longer U-Bolts

I might be needing brake lines too if I stack up?
Old 12-14-2011, 06:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Figure out what you want to do with the front and then figure out how much higher the rear needs to be. Then get a traction block system with the single block equalling the total of the block in now plus the desired lift.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:35 PM
First 6.7 PS Destroyer

That's a good looking truck. Those tires and wheels being so wide is not helping you any with the rubbing
Old 12-15-2011, 01:48 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betaracer View Post
Figure out what you want to do with the front and then figure out how much higher the rear needs to be. Then get a traction block system with the single block equalling the total of the block in now plus the desired lift.
yeah dont run with two blocks in. but i think you might have trouble finding a block that big you want to put a leveliing kit on the front and raise the rear and your already at 8" of lift...... this is what i would do find a 8" lift leaf pack and use the 3" factory block
Old 12-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
yeah dont run with two blocks in. but i think you might have trouble finding a block that big you want to put a leveliing kit on the front and raise the rear and your already at 8" of lift...... this is what i would do find a 8" lift leaf pack and use the 3" factory block
You can have a block made to fit exactly what he needs. You could make the block 12" tall and properly set it up with traction bars the truck is going to respond great. Contact One Up Offroad and have a set made for your truck. Trust me it will be worth it.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yes u can do the front but stacking blocks is dangerous i agrre with the idea of a custom block made at a slight angle to stop axle wrap quite as much also ladder bars might be an option in the future which stops axle wrap completely also the fron kit will depend on if your lift is strait coilspring or if its a spring and leveling kit cause many companys do this on eight inch kits they use a 2 inch spacer on a 6 inch coil so u might have to buy a leveling kit for the bottom pearches theyre like a 30 minute job so find out before u go buying
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.