I purchase a 2.5" level kit from Top Gun Customz last week and got around to installing it today. This is the style that goes on top of the spring. I had searched for tips on installing the kit and found some info, but there still were some issues that I came across.
First off, I found that I really need both a taller/HD floor jack and some larger/taller jack stands.
I started by getting the truck supported on the frame and then supporting the axle on either end with two small floor jacks. I then removed the swaybar bushings and endlinks - I removed the bushings/clamps just to get the bar out of the way for easier access to the top track bar bolt. That top track bar bolt BTW, is a 30mm (or at least that's what I used).
Next, I disconnected the shocks at the bottom bolts; I will remove the top nuts next time instead.
I loosened the brackets on the brake lines and let everything hang.
The springs themselves basically fell out. To get the spacer in, I did have to compress the spring about 1/2" - I had the axle dropped until it wouldn't drop anymore and still couldn't get it w/o a compressor.
Reassembly went easy; The only two snags were the upper track bar mount and the sway bar alignment.
The track bar was a bit of a pain to realign - I was finally able to get it, but it took a few minutes.
The sway bar really gave me a fit. You can clearly tell that there are other areas that absolutely need attention/consideration when you install a simple level kit. Sway bars are one of 'em. Because the track bar had already slid the axle about 5/8" to the driver's side, the sway bar didn't want to align left to right - Second, because the axle was now lower, the sway bar didn't want to sit straight. The vertical endlinks are now tilted a little forward.
The truck is at the alignment shop now - I'll have it back in about an hour. On the drive to the alignment shop, everything felt normal and tight.
I just figured I'd include a little bit more info on this than I found by searching. Start to finish the job took about 2.5 hours and that included figuring out how I was going to lift and support it and running to the parts store to rent a spring compressor.