Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

What size lift?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  dazdillenger 
#1 ·
Hey guys ii bought my first truck and it is already lifted. im new to the game and looking for some input. what size lift do you guys think this is? the tires are 37's on 20's and also what would be the best/easiest way to add maybe 3 or 4 more inches so i can fit some bigger tires on there? like i said im new to all this and just curious if i could just add a bigger block in the back and a leaf pack in the front and be ok? thanks for all your help in advance guys!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Kinda looks like a 6" but it could be an 8".

So what is your goal? What size tire are you thinking? A 38, 40? or bigger?

#3 ·
38 or 40 for now have not made a final decision yet.... just getting ready to need new tires soon and want to go bigger but im pretty much maxed at 37s with the current height

#4 ·
looks like 8 to me

#5 ·
It's between 6.5" and 8". Hard to pin down exactly, but that is fairly accurate. Nice truck!

#6 ·
thanks for all the input guys! Would it be safe and easy to add a bigger block to the rear and coil pack to the front for a few more inches?

#7 ·
If you have an 04, you should have leaf springs in the front. If you have an 05-up coil front end, adding a spacer in the front, and a block in the back is fine, although stacking blocks isn't recommended due to axle wrap. Since you have an f250, just get some f-350 rear blocks, they are 2" taller than the 250 blocks, and will ad some height without stacking!

My lift in my 05 started life as a 10", and I added a 2" spacer (below the coil spring) for the front, and a 2:" spacer in the rear, bringing it to an even 12". Works great, but keep in mind it will offset the front end a bit to one side, so an adjustable track bar will be needed.

Also, you will likely need longer brake lines and shocks, as 8" is pretty much the maximum the stock lines will work for. You will need to re-shim the carrier bearing, adjust the track bar to center the differential, and in the case of leaf sprung front ends, you should consider crossover steering over 8" in order to keep everything at the right angles. The bigger you go, the more you will spend. Be prepared! 8-9" is pretty much the max without some significant mods!

BTW-40's won't fit with a 6,5" lift. 37s are pretty much maxed out, 38.5's clear with an 8.5" lift, but 40s will rub on a 99-04. I have 12" and can still rub my bed skin under maximum articulation!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.