driveshaft issue after lift - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 06:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
driveshaft issue after lift

not 100% sure if this is the right spot to post this, never posted in this section. I have a 96 f250 ext cab long bed PSD. I swapped in a d60 solid axle and did a 4in lift at the same time. ended up with a little over 7in of lift. after i got everything in and test drove it i had a vibration. checked everything was tight so i dropped the carrier bearing 2in thinking it would help, it did help as long as i dont race someone or lay into it then i get a bad vibration which im sure is probly some axle wrap because in order to get the back close to the front height i added a 3in block under the stock 2in block and added a rear add a leaf.
what should i do about the add a leaf and blocks? can i run like a 6in lift leaf and the stock block? I was doing some research and found that you are sopposed to have a positive angle on the drive shaft joint after the carrier bearing and i have a negative. would a one piece drive fix this problem? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2011, 12:52 PM

You shouldn't need a one piece. I still have a 2 piece and ZERO vibration with 12+ inches of lift. You really want the driveline as straight as possible.

Take a picture of yours..
Old 12-08-2011, 05:42 AM

well once again for some reason it wont let me load pics on here. but i took my angle finder and the front section is at 12 to 13 degrees, and the rear is about 3 to 4 degrees. I saw somewhere that they should be with in i think 3 or 4 degrees of each other dont know how true that is. I am in the process of making ladder bars for the truck but i would really like to know more about the angles they should be at.
thanks
Old 12-08-2011, 10:11 AM

Like I said, you want it as straight as you can. Since you mentioned all the blocks is your pinion angled up slightly?
Old 12-10-2011, 05:39 PM

yes its angled upward now. do you have a email i can send some pics to so you have a better idea of what i should do next to fix this. id really like to go up another 5 or 6 in but before i do that id really like to know how to fix this problem or what kind of products are out there to help getting to driveline back to where it should be.
thanks
Old 12-10-2011, 05:49 PM

One Up Offroad Drive Line Drop

Get one of these. Fully adjustable for pretty much all lifts.

They are kind of spendy at 175 ish.

Go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket. Set up an account. Then copy the link on the picture. It is the one with "ing"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.