Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1999 Drag Link Upgrade

844 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Fall Guy 
#1 ·
Does anybody know if anyone sells upgraded steering components for late-99 super duty's with 6'' lift?

#2 ·
:bump: :bump:

#3 ·
try precision metal fab. THey have quality stuff

#4 ·
they only sell parts for 10'' or bigger lifts as far as steering upgrades, thanks though.
just got off the phone with trevor.

#5 ·
I know Dynatrac makes a combo kit that changes the unit bearings & changes the steering to crossover. A little bit pricey for my taste but looks like a solid setup.

Offroad Design helped me with a crossover setup for my 84 chevy. On those trucks with lower lifts (Stock to 6" Lift) you need to change the engine crossmember to gain enough clearance for the draglink. I've wondered if this issue W/ the SD's could be solved the same way :dunno:

Also you might call Trevor w/ WFO Concepts, he is always a big help with my 4x4 projects. I've searched myself for something better than stock with not many options unless you go with a 6" plus lift kit.

PSC can help you setup a hydro assist kit, West Texas Offroad can as well.

I really like the Dynatrac Super Duty combo kit but cant justify spending 3 Grand :eek:hnoes:

I'll be watching to see where this goes. Sometime next year I plan to do a 6" suspension system & would like a well put together crossover steering kit w/ hydro assist.

Something else to consider is upgrading to 05 & up axles & suspension. From what I understand the steering is better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.