??? What's it take to go from 10"---->12" of lift??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
??? What's it take to go from 10"---->12" of lift???

I'm currently looking to add another 2" to the front of my lift. Currently 8" with a 2" leveling kit. I want to get a 4 link from pmf an TGc 10" coils, what else do I need? Cross over or assisted steering? I know my shocks are long enough, I have a Adj trac bar an drop bracket as well as extended brake lines.
My truck has 1" of rake an I hate that it sits lower in the front.

I appreciate all the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2011, 04:21 AM

People are going to say no...but....

I am betting that you can get away with the 4 link...be sure Trevor builds it for your 12" desired height....and get some 4" bolt in spacers from him.

The Icon track bar will "probably" adjust out far enough to get your axle pretty centered. Pitman arm will be fine...I used one for an 8" lift on my 20" air bag lift.

BTW...your truck looks great I ALMOST bought that grille but ended up buying the 3 piece....
Old 10-20-2011, 07:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

You could always lower the rear an inch or 2. That would create alot less problems with steering/driveline/etc.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:15 AM

Pahrump..... so i dont have to adress the steering? What about the Tcase? I will contact Trevor for the links an see what he says about the spacer as well. Thanks for the advice an compl.

Dont want to go down cause I have Rize leaves an pmf trac blocks not just a reg block i can swap for a smaller one. I love how the rear sits right now its perfect.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:38 PM

You may need to lengthen the front driveline. Just put it up on a lift and see what happens at full droop.

I don't know enough about the newer trucks. If you can clock the t-case, usually that means a new crossmember to hold your trans up. Maybe... that is how it works with the older trucks. But at least you don't have to mess with the front driveline and the angles are much nicer.

You can not get a high steer knuckle for the newer trucks, well at least not a cast one. I wouldn't trust anything that wasn't a cast piece. Messing with steering stuff makes a guy nervous if you know what I mean.

Good luck! Nice looking truck...
Old 10-20-2011, 05:47 PM

Awesome. Thanks for the input.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:32 PM

I personally dont think you will have an issue with the frog driveshaft.....I did clock my tcase but that was with 20" of lift. I had stock steering on the 20" lift too at first then I had Trevors upgraded drag link....but it's just stronger no angle change.

Ill be pitting my truck at about 11" lift this coming week and fully plan to use re stock front driveshaft with no clocking.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:52 AM

Cool! Thanks for the info guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.