Top Gun Customz 2" leveling kit.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 02:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Top Gun Customz 2" leveling kit....

Been wanting to level my 05 F250 so I can run my 35-12.50-17's. I can't afford to put a thousand dollars in a Icon kit that alot of guys recommend so heres what I might go with. Top Gun offers a 2" kit at a very reasonable price. Also it is my understanding that going with the 2" I don't have to worry about the track bar. So I wanted to see if anybody has any reviews on these.

Here's a link to them.

2" 05-07 Ford F250/F350 Super Duty Front Steel Leveling Lift Spacers @Top Gun Customz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2011, 03:04 PM

Alot of people say spacers are not the way to go, that they really stiffen your ride, and personally I wouldnt get them. There are several kits that i would buy first before getting spacers, but most leveling kits will require a track bar, or the cheap drop trackbar bracket, but i know there is a kit out there that uses your stock bar and has relocating equipment.

I would rather see a guy intall an add-a-leaf before spacers, but the mini-spring packs and shackle/hanger kits are the best, and there are several kits out there for under $300 that comes with everthing you need. and wont stiffen your ride.

Just the 2 cents
Old 10-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

My 05 is coil front. I'm also wanting to level it. Not interested in lifting, just want it to sit level.
Has anyone done a coil lift? I think the 2" would work perfect on mine, but want some reviews first!
Old 10-19-2011, 03:45 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Plenty of people do the pucks and spacers and say it doesn't change the ride. He is talking about the older leaf sprung trucks. Check out the 6.0 general discussion they are talking about it now. Sayin u dont need Track bar with 2" of lift. Most people don't notice a difference in ride at all with the spacers. Get the 2" leveling kit, if the axle is too far off center then get the adjusteable later down the road. Your not suppose to use the track bar spacers I have heard. Your better off leaving it stock and axle off center just a little
Old 10-20-2011, 10:23 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You must use a adj track bar or the axle will shift its Geometry. Castor shims must be used to restore the lost castor..this is what leads to wobble.

Its not thousands of dollors to lift a truck correctly..
Old 10-20-2011, 11:58 AM

Wanting a leveling that doesnt make the truck look like its squating too bad with the toys on the back...

Im thinking these

pro comp 2" leaf spring leveling kit ford f250 f350 | eBay
Old 10-20-2011, 12:15 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
That will work will ride a little stiffer, other option is a 2" hanger kit or a 2" mini spring pack, all will need a adj track bar. hangers will ride better as you have more compression travel but should get longer shocks, mini spring pack will ride the same as stock.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by $howtime View Post
Wanting a leveling that doesnt make the truck look like its squating too bad with the toys on the back...

Im thinking these

pro comp 2" leaf spring leveling kit ford f250 f350 | eBay
Those look like full front spring relacements, cant really tell. If its an Add-a-leaf type set up, youll still need a track bar.

Seems a little on the expensive side, when you can buy a better, smoother, kit that comes with everything you would need.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I did not like the idea of a spring spacer either, so I bought Icon's +2.5 inch progressive rate springs and replaced front shocks with Fox remote res. The ride is way better than stock, although the height does pull the axel to the left about 3/4 inch. I am driving it, but will be getting an adjustable track bar.
I have an 07 FX4 lariat and it sits low in the back now. I am adding F350 blocks next week.

Here is the difference between stock and Icon

Last edited by Canuck Stroker; 10-21-2011 at 07:06 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:10 AM

I have the 2.5" leveling kit from TGC and I like it a lot. The ride is same as stock if not better after putting the Bilstein 5100 shocks on. I am currently not running an adjustable track bar but I might in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.