Air Shocks - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Air Shocks

has anyone ran the race runner air shocks or the fox air shocks? or really any kind of air shock?

i have been thinking about adding a set of air shocks to my truck so i can adjust the ride height a little bit, i figure that the shocks will allow me to adjust any kind of vibration out of the road and to adjust the truck up a couple of inches to clear some bigger tires without raising the suspension.

so question is, has anyone ran the air shocks and how do they ride?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2011, 04:21 PM

just found that they are all nitrogen filled, what are the options for compressed air shocks?
Old 10-11-2011, 10:09 PM
BANNED

I'm not sure what kits are available now, I think most are going to air bags, should be able to pick up a set for a couple hundred bones. If you wanted to go all out you could always pick up a kelderman air ride kit.

I can tell you that my father had a set on a Ranchero GT he had back in the early 90's, rode like a brick when pumped up (was a little better with lower psi, but not much IMO). They did their job, he hauled a ton of weight in the back of that vehicle and they kept it from squatting no matter how flat the rear tires got.

On another note, I had a friend a few years back with a 4x4 CC OBS PSD that had airbags between the factory leafs and the frame on both the front and rear. They got his truck up high enough to clear 37's with plenty of room but again it rode like a horse drawn carriage on a log road.

If it was me, I would look for a bigger lift if your just looking to fit bigger tires. Your ride will be much better than a set of air shocks/bags filled to the max to get your height.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:33 PM

ok gotcha, thanks for all the insight, i think im just gonna stick with the 38s i have instead of trying to fit 40s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.