What is my best option? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation What is my best option?

I have a 2011 F350 Lariat 6.7L Powerstoke Diesel Super Duty. I need your help. I want my rig to be badass but I don't wanna go over the top. What do you suggest?

I want:
-RBP 96R Black Machined Custom Style Forged Wheel.
-Toyo Open Country MT tires
-BDS lift and suspension

The Question is, What size do I do?

a) 4" lift with 20" rims and 35" tires? (will that fit?)
b) 6" 4-link lift with 22" rims and 35" tires?
c) 6" 4-link lift with 20" rims and 35" tires?
d) Or another option? 4" lift? Smaller tires? 20" rims?

What can I do without making it too crazy? I want it to look amazing but still be somewhat mellow.
Your thoughts?!?

If anyone has pictures of a similar rig with these types of options, please post. I'd like to preview a bit.

Thanks a ton!

Kris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Personal opinion: 4.5" lift with 18" wheels on 35s. RBP wheels only come in 20" so I guess 20" wheels with 35s. I would def not go with 22s if you don't want it to be all flashy.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

RBP 22's would look amazing tho. I just don't want it to be too monsterous, just big. 35's will fit with a 4.5" lift? Not too much rubbing?
Old 08-13-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintKris View Post
RBP 22's would look amazing tho. I just don't want it to be too monsterous, just big. 35's will fit with a 4.5" lift? Not too much rubbing?
Ya I guess some guys like them. To me, it's a truck, not a BMW. Yes 35s will fit a 4.5" lift, just be careful with your wheel offsets and tire widths, so that it doesnt look weird (stickin out too far, or stickin too far in, which makes the truck look straight up and top heavy)
Old 08-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yes that's exactly what I'm worried about. The offsets and wheel width. 35" x 12.5 should work right? I hate when I see trucks that have lifts and then the tires are too narrow or too small. I wish someone had some pictures to compare.

The attached picture is somewhat what I'm looking to do but that's an 8" lift with 38's on 24" rims. so If I could figure out how to bring it down a notch that would be perfect.
Attached Thumbnails
What is my best option?-74204_10150482368675001_410522105000_15752603_757646_n.jpg  
Old 08-13-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintKris View Post
yes that's exactly what I'm worried about. The offsets and wheel width. 35" x 12.5 should work right? I hate when I see trucks that have lifts and then the tires are too narrow or too small. I wish someone had some pictures to compare.

The attached picture is somewhat what I'm looking to do but that's an 8" lift with 38's on 24" rims. so If I could figure out how to bring it down a notch that would be perfect.
35x12.5 is pretty perfect in my opinion. Well do you want the tires sticking way out or no?
Old 08-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No. I don't want them way out. Just enough. I'll most likely put fender flares if they have them to match the color.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:08 PM

Well now you might have to get them to stick out pretty far, depending on how big of fender flares. If you dont get flares, you probably want a 9 inch wide wheel with a -12 backspacing. They should stick out like 1.5 inches from the side. If you put flares, youll need something even wider, to fill the flares.

Also, it depends what size lift you go with. I love 9 inch wide wheel with 0 offset. But if I wanted a 6 inch lift, Id prob go with a -12. The taller you go, the wider you have to go to keep it proportional, to a certain point.

trucktoyzperformance.com and click on gallery. They have a bunch of pics that might help you more decide on what size lift and wheels, and then I can help you with the measurement crap with offset and backspace and all that.

Theres also a thread on here with just 2011 pics. 6.7 2011 PIctures only!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 07:11 PM

Actually, this thread might be alot better. Some Pics of Lifted 2011s
Old 08-13-2011, 07:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

There are a lot of trucks on that site that are very helpful in chosing what I'm looking for. I think the 6" BDS lift with 35x12.5 Toyo Open Country MT would be perfect. Maybe even with the 22" BRP 96R rims. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by SaintKris; 08-13-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.