DUAL SHOCK MOUNTS? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 05:43 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DUAL SHOCK MOUNTS?

so im thinking about putting some dual shock mounts on front... possibly rear as well. does this do anything for ride? or is it more for looks? im just curious i dont know to much about suspesion things. any info would be great thanks guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2011, 06:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The coils or leafs springs handle the compression or force down towards the road and the shocks handle the rebound or the bounce back up from the springs. I think two help a little with the ride, more so when you are offroading. Shocks get hot and fade when being used alot, thus a second will spread the work over two shocks. You probably would never noticed on the street.

Thats my $.02
Old 07-31-2011, 07:09 PM
Premium Member

The best ride quality is achieved from a "correctly" valved single shock. Call the guys at Bilstein shocks and they can fill you in better. The guy in the off road department helped me out a lot figuring my setup. Multiple shocks are just for show. H*ll I have triples up from and duals in the rear...I think singles look too bar in our huge wheel wells. As for ride like I said they are so many variations in shock design, what they are filled with, and valving you have to really do some research if you wanna actually feel the difference. Otherwise if you are goin with the those junk ones from skyjacker or rancho you could put 5 up all around and you wont tell a difference lol!
Old 08-01-2011, 07:40 AM

So you are saying the rough country set up is garbage? I'm not unsatisfied with my truck now I just think it would be a little better riding. If a single will do then that's the way I will go. Now I just gotta get the right shocks... Sounds like this took take a while with all the different opinions as which are the best.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
i had duals up front and duals in the rear.. you def want custom valved shocks for that type of setup... luckly for me i had Fox Res shocks and someone locally knew how to revalve them.. took me about 2 months and about 4 revalve jobs to get the rears exactly how i wanted them....

now for a more simple setup i would go with bilstien shocks for duals up front (correctly valved ones) and singles in the rear....
Old 08-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Premium Member

No im not saying rough country set up is garbage. When you get a suspension kit with their "basic" shock package they aren't the greatest is all I am saying. They get the job don't but if its ride quality you are after thats not them. I like my bilstein 5125 custom valved plus I needed their long travel for my rear, they are holding up good I have ran Skyjacker in the past they are just cheap now. They were made in the USA years back when I had one of there setups now they are made in Mexico quality went down. There suspension kits have to have done several in the past no matter make they are really cutting corners and when you talk to them they are dicks. Fabtech is my favorite they really make some quality setup and they are there for you 100%. Back to shocks I like bilstein but if you got the money like raul said Fox Racing or Fabtech Dirt logic even Bilstein resi shocks are the way to go. Yeah they are a big hit at first...BUT they are rebuildable so they could be the last shocks you ever buy plus they look sweet!
Old 08-01-2011, 09:50 AM

ok so i just need to bite the bullet get some nice shocks? i think ill just stick to single shocks for now try some better shocks and see what that does. i dont do any crazy off roading but i go hunting and shooting quite a bit so i do want a shock that will do good with that. i dont think i would be able to figure out the custom valve shocks.. that said what about bilstein resi shocks what they going for?
Old 08-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

honestly you dont even need Res shocks... i would just go with some 5100's and be done with it...

i had dual 5150's in my excursion and they rode nice as well....
Old 08-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

honestly you dont even need Res shocks... i would just go with some 5100's and be done with it...

i had dual 5150's in my excursion and they rode nice as well....
Old 08-01-2011, 09:57 AM

so how much for the 5100s front and back 04 f350 6in lift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.