Couldn't wait for updates from the forum so I dove into...
- 5/8" ratchet type monkey wrench (ratchet type works great since there isn't much room from the top).
- 3/16" allen wrench
I first marked the allen head with some white paint and also marked a reference point on the housing. I loosened the locking nut from under the truck since I couldn't get any leverage from the top. I then went in from the top and used both wrench and allen at the same time to prevent the allen from spinning while slowly loosening the nut. Next, I turned the allen head a 1/4 of a turn clockwise, then tightened everything up, making sure allen bolt didn't move.
I did noticed a little weeping of fluid when the nut was loosened. Nothing much though, more like moist. I noticed right away that the steering wheel tightened up a bit (a good thing). I'm not quite sure if it took away any of the play though (hard to tell). I proceeded to do some circles in an open lot to make sure the wheel goes back to center. I then went on the freeway to test. Again, the wheel has tightened up, and I think some of the play went away (didn't have much to begin with, maybe 1/2" each way). The real test will be when I hook up my toy hauler.
I don't think I'll go much more than 1/4 of turn CW since I don't exactly know what is happening internally when I tightened up the allen head. It was definitely worth the 10 mins to do this adjustment.