Hydraulic Steering Assit for the 2011 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hydraulic Steering Assit for the 2011

For those of you with bigger wheels and tires this is what you need! I tried all kinds of different stabilizers and this fixed all my steering issues with road walk, and a little bump steer. It makes the steering feel tight and firm, tracks great down the road! My past superduty's i never had as sensitive of steering as i have with my 2011. This kit from PSC motorsports is a one of a kind as of right now. My truck was the R and D truck and the kit is going to start being manufactured in the next couple weeks. I also have the Carli high mount stabilizer on my truck which helped over the stock unit but paired with the ram assist from PSC it feels awesome!
Attached Thumbnails
Hydraulic Steering Assit for the 2011-img_1141.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Looks cool. But it seems like you have to have some kind of underlying issue. You are just masking it with the steering ram. You shouldn't even need it for 35" tires.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstarr harley View Post
For those of you with bigger wheels and tires this is what you need! I tried all kinds of different stabilizers and this fixed all my steering issues with road walk, and a little bump steer. It makes the steering feel tight and firm, tracks great down the road! My past superduty's i never had as sensitive of steering as i have with my 2011. This kit from PSC motorsports is a one of a kind as of right now. My truck was the R and D truck and the kit is going to start being manufactured in the next couple weeks. I also have the Carli high mount stabilizer on my truck which helped over the stock unit but paired with the ram assist from PSC it feels awesome!
That PSC system looks Great!. Whos mounts did you use? I have an 02 with a 06 coil frontend the is almost imposable to steer at low speeds. I have gone through the new Redhead box New Ford Remaned pump but still cant turn the 35's

Dana
Old 07-26-2011, 03:47 PM

Is it lifted? What kit?
Old 07-26-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by layson View Post
Is it lifted? What kit?
I have a Pure Performance 6 inch X factor with Toyo AT on Raceline 20x10 wheels. It funny my truck doesnt turn and a buddys 02 dosent turn as well but another friends Excersion turns with 1 finger and it has 180K on the original steering patrs and 35's any ideas?
Old 07-26-2011, 05:55 PM

Is it a four link? I would be calling pure performance. Every once in a while a thread pops up like this, seems to correlate with four link kit geometry. Seems like it could be an alignment issue.

Mine without hydro-assist would turn 40's with just crossover steering with no problems.

Last edited by layson; 07-26-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Is it a four link? I would be calling pure performance. Every once in a while a thread pops up like this, seems to correlate with four link kits. Seems like it could be an alignment issue.

Mine without hydro-assist would turn 40's with just crossover steering with no problems.
Good Idea I will give them a call tomorrow. I had it alined a few months ago so it may be a time to get it checked
Old 07-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomez View Post
That PSC system looks Great!. Whos mounts did you use? I have an 02 with a 06 coil frontend the is almost imposable to steer at low speeds. I have gone through the new Redhead box New Ford Remaned pump but still cant turn the 35's

Dana
PSC make the mounts . Its a kit they are trying out.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Looks cool. But it seems like you have to have some kind of underlying issue. You are just masking it with the steering ram. You shouldn't even need it for 35" tires.
You are correct i didnt need a ram assist to turn the tires. It turned them fine before. But i Did the guys at PSC a favor by letting them use my truck to manufacture their kit for the 2011s . As far as "masking the underlying issue" I really never had any alignment issue, being i own a front end and alignment shop and the truck has been on the rack 4 times now to get the truck just right. The key was to add about 3 degrees positive castor.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstarr harley View Post
For those of you with bigger wheels and tires this is what you need! I tried all kinds of different stabilizers and this fixed all my steering issues with road walk, and a little bump steer. It makes the steering feel tight and firm, tracks great down the road!
Just from going what you posted it sounds like you have steering issues. Which if your alignment was done properly then your four link kit is not designed or set up properly. I would think a properly set up kit wouldn't do that at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.