Getting back to stock ride hieght - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 06:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Getting back to stock ride hieght

I am looking at an Excursion which is pretty much perfect for everything I need except it has a 4" lift on it and I can't get it in the garage. So I guess I am wondering if I want to get it back to stock height what am I in for? I talked to a local offroad shop about it and they told me I would need to get all of the ford suspension parts and connectors to make it work. Seems to me someone would have made an after market bolt on kit am I wrong? I guess my other option would be to swap parts with someone, but I just don't know which way to go. Any advice would be great, i'd really love to get this truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2011, 07:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

where are you located? I'm sure someone on here would want to go a bit higher in their ex
Old 07-18-2011, 07:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

near Tulsa Oklahoma....but If I did a swap what parts do I need?
Old 07-18-2011, 12:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
The problem with going back stock is it will handle like a pig...

How was it lifted?
Old 07-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

How is that? I just need it lower, it does not need to be factory stock (equipment wise). I just am trying figure out if it can be done aftermarket. I am not sure what you mean by how it was done, I have honestly not looked that closely at it do you mean what was used or who did it?
Old 09-20-2011, 10:44 AM

i happen to be shopping for a 4 inch lift kit for an excursion wink wink cough cough lol what do you have?
Old 11-02-2011, 09:21 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I don't know if you've done a swap yet with someone but I am in a stock ride height with only 70k miles and I have a mini spring pack leveling kit installed. I can help you do the swap and help you with which parts you need. Springs, Ubolts, Leveling pack if you don't want the stink bug look, rear stock blocks, possibly a stock track bar bracket if the PO did it right to begin with, and you will be better off with new shocks, bilsteins. There's a guy here that can tell you exactly which model shocks will do best for you based on your suspension and usual load, driving patterns etc. After you switch back to stock with a leveling kit and new bilsteins it will NOT ride like crap. You will love it. I would swap shocks but mine are stock, waiting to finish my lift then buy the appropriate shocks at that time. Let me know if I can help you to help me. Oh almost forgot, if you don't have a rear sway bar get one! HUGE difference! If you don't have one look for one at a salvage or such from a F350 rear 30mm sway bar. This will cure alot of stock handling issues.

Jason
Old 11-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
LOL.... sorry Cary. I just noticed you posted above. OP, that is the guy to talk to about the shocks. See there's always help around the corner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.