Help w/2.5 leveling kit - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 08:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help w/2.5 leveling kit

wanting to buy a 2.5" leveling kit for my 06 but i wanna know what brand to get and where to get it. of course i want the spacer that sits on the bottom of the coil because thats supposed to be the best and also the solid steel ones. i dont like those plastic Daystar looking pieces of junk.

i just need some help finding all this. i dont even know where to begin looking. again 2.5" solid steel spacer for the bottom!!

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

im going to use the ones on ebay they look good and are cheap i had some on a 2500 dodge i had worked great
Old 07-19-2011, 07:30 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Are you just leveling it or are u gonna get the castor shims and adjustable track bar too?
Old 07-20-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
Are you just leveling it or are u gonna get the castor shims and adjustable track bar too?
well mostly just level it. its actually level already but i wanna lift it a bit and i know i can put that spacer in the front then bigger blocks in the back. i would also need longer shocks for the front as well. but do i need the castor shims and new track bar? is that needed or can i get by without it?
Old 07-20-2011, 01:16 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
No you must use a adj track bar as the axle will shift aprox 1" for a 2" lift.
The already lacking castor will be even less without the shims.

Other option is get a complete kit that comes with everything needed..you will be happer in the long run.

We have whats needed. PM if I can help.

Cary
Old 07-21-2011, 09:34 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06DieforDiesel View Post
well mostly just level it. its actually level already but i wanna lift it a bit and i know i can put that spacer in the front then bigger blocks in the back. i would also need longer shocks for the front as well. but do i need the castor shims and new track bar? is that needed or can i get by without it?
see thats what sucks, everyone thinks leveling is easy as pie and cheap. yeah the spacers are cheap but then u need the track bar and shims. i could prolly do the install my self until the track bar and shims.

anyone else just level it and deal with the offset of the axle it seems so many people are leveled but no one ever talks about the track bar and shims.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am curious about a good recommendation on the trackbar and shims. as I have a 2.5 level kit for 2 years now and the steering doesnt feel right, has a ton of play and veers left. I have been pulling my hair out over this because it has just gotten worse and can not get a straight answer. Everyone wants to do a complete front end inspection for $$$ and it just seems simpler than that. After I got my spacers I found this company and canada, and if i were to do it over I would get these springs. Custom Suspension
Old 07-24-2011, 09:53 AM

Track bar..Icon or Pure Perfoormance, shims Icon's or aftermarket.

We carry both. PM if I can help.

Question:
Why would you buy springs from a company that states no problems..when you will have problems..Loss of castor and a axle thats shifted 1" plus to the right..along with the handling problems that come from their lack??? They lie about the outcome and don't tell you whats needed....I don't understand.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc. View Post
Track bar..Icon or Pure Perfoormance, shims Icon's or aftermarket.

We carry both. PM if I can help.

Question:
Why would you buy springs from a company that states no problems..when you will have problems..Loss of castor and a axle thats shifted 1" plus to the right..along with the handling problems that come from their lack??? They lie about the outcome and don't tell you whats needed....I don't understand.
I like the fact of an actually sprint replacement.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:57 AM

I agree but why not support Manufactors or vendors that tell you the truth rather than someone who doesn't..maybe you just using them as a example of a lift spring ..?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.