Pulling to the right, cant figure it out.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 11:46 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pulling to the right, cant figure it out..

Ok so the truck is a 02 f250 crew cab short box (not mine but a buddys)

He just got a 4 inch lift installed (cant remember which brand but Ill up date tonight when I see him) and 315/75/16 toyo mt's. And it constatly pulls to the right. Just got it aligned yesterday and everything is within spec. all tie rods/ balljoints/ wheelbearings are good. Swapped tires around too see if that helped but didnt.

First thing I thought of was the passenger side wheel bearing was going but both shops (the one that insalled the lift and the other that aligned it) said everything is good. It didnt pull before the lift and tires so Im kinda stuck on what to check...

Anyone have any suggestions on what to check or anything?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Toyo M/T's are know to be one of the tires that has a right pull to them.

You could either increase the drivers side caster a little and/or run a single high pressure stabilizer that puts a little force on the steering to the left.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to eric.davis
WHS. I dealt with this for over 2yrs and there isn't much you can do but change the caster. I thought the first alignment shop didn't do it right and went to another shop and same situation.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:38 PM

if you tried rotating and switching tires from side to side. try flipping one of the tires on the wheel. sometimes you get a bad radial pull from the tires. not always but this can canter act and help it drive straighter. makes the tires kinda fight eachother and drive straight. back when super swampers were popular they were horrible for this. sometimes we would do this and it would quit pulling or make it better. also look at the alignment sheet if they gave you one look at the rear. i know its not adjustable but if the rear axle is ****ed a little. loosen up the u bolts and try to push or pull on the axle a little to straighten it out. like if its forward on the left try pushing the axle back and the right forward and have someone retighten while your holding. lots of times the blocks that were put in, the hole in them is bigger then stud on the springs. which causes the axle to not be straight an can also cause the truck to pull. i will talk to my alignment guy tomorrow and get some more ideas.

Last edited by bill1980; 07-18-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1980 View Post
if you tried rotating and switching tires from side to side. try flipping one of the tires on the wheel. sometimes you get a bad radial pull from the tires. not always but this can canter act and help it drive straighter. makes the tires kinda fight eachother and drive straight. back when super swampers were popular they were horrible for this. sometimes we would do this and it would quit pulling or make it better. also look at the alignment sheet if they gave you one look at the rear. i know its not adjustable but if the rear axle is ****ed a little. loosen up the u bolts and try to push or pull on the axle a little to straighten it out. like if its forward on the left try pushing the axle back and the right forward and have someone retighten while your holding. lots of times the blocks that were put in, the hole in them is bigger then stud on the springs. which causes the axle to not be straight an can also cause the truck to pull. i will talk to my alignment guy tomorrow and get some more ideas.
Thats a good idea flipping the tire on the rim. The alignment shop already roated them too see if it made a difference but didnt. He just did a 1000km road trip and gets back tomorrow so Ill let him know!

It was only after the tires were installed that the problem occured. Drove home fine with the lift and stock tires. He also put on a stablizer after he got the truck back with the tires and still didnt help..

Thanks!!
Old 07-18-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyd Ram View Post
Toyo M/T's are know to be one of the tires that has a right pull to them.

You could either increase the drivers side caster a little and/or run a single high pressure stabilizer that puts a little force on the steering to the left.
Well thats just the thing, Ive got the EXACT same tires and mine drives dead straight

Its really not that hard of a pull, not sure if a stablizer like that would work. It might start going to the left then
Old 07-19-2011, 08:45 PM

sorry must have miss read the post. i thought it was after the lift it started doing it.
Thats what gets people. not all of the tires do it. it in the design molding process. we have been having problems with the new cooper st maxx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.