RC 8" lift - U-bolts too short - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tristanlee85 Send a message via MSN to tristanlee85 Send a message via Yahoo to tristanlee85
RC 8" lift - U-bolts too short

On the RC 8" kit, it says to install the new springs with the supplied U-bolts, but those bolts are about 4" too short. Does the stock bumpstop block need removed for this? I don't see it in the instructions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2011, 07:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to tristanlee85 Send a message via MSN to tristanlee85 Send a message via Yahoo to tristanlee85
Hmm, looks like the 350 had 4" blocks in the rear and 250 only had 2" (according to RC), yet I have 4" ones installed.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:24 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I ran in to that exact same problem back in 05 when I first lifted my truck. It had 350 blocks instead of 250 blocks. Rather than trying to buy the 250 blocks, I just went out and bought new U-bolts.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:09 AM

I've got some shorter blocks on the way and RC sent me longer bolts for free so win-win. I figure with the 350 blocks the back may be higher than I want. If so then I'll swap to the 250s.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Let's go B's!!!!

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Are you trying to keep your factory overload sppring?

Most of the time those are removed when a lift is done. This would make your u-bolts too short for sure
Old 06-29-2011, 10:31 AM

I am not sure what you mean buy that. Do you have a picture? What I did was remove the stock spring pack and install the one they gave me.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Let's go B's!!!!

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
The factory overload spring is a single spring that goes on top of the rear spring pack and is separated by an additional block on the top. If you only installed the spring pack RC gave you and did not put this back on top, then you're fine. You're not trying to retain it. Some guys try and keep this when they lift their truck. It can be done, but you need the longest u-bolts RC makes. You can see by the picture how trying to add this back on top of your lifted springs would make your u-bolts too short.

Sounds like that is not what you are doing, but it was just a thought.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:40 AM

Nope. I had didn't have one of them on my truck. Either it broke off like the rest of the leaves or someone else before me removed it.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:43 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanlee85 View Post
I am not sure what you mean buy that. Do you have a picture? What I did was remove the stock spring pack and install the one they gave me.
If you got all new leafs with the kit, then it is def the larger block messing you up. IF you have a semi repair shop close to you, some of them will make you new U-bolts on site. For like 30 bucks. I know you said some are being sent to you, but just sayin, if you wanted to have it rollin asap, that is an option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.