valve stack numbers for fox or king shocks - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 07:30 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
valve stack numbers for fox or king shocks

hello guys. i am looking to take off my bilstein 5100 shocks as they ride just a tad too stiff for my tastes. maybe they are shot already or something else is wrong, i dont know. so i am going with a set of fox shocks in the rear and a coilover conversion when i get the money on the front from trevor at PMF. what i would like to know is, what valve stack numbers should a guy start with on the rear to complement my 2011 springs i am putting on? i was told to run a T30 stack on the front with a coilover setup, but what about the back? i am just learning about valve stacks on our trucks but have built many a shock on sleds so i am familiar with them, just not our trucks numbers.
off road warehouse states that i get one re-valve for free, so i will have a chance to play with them a bit, so i need some info before i order them so i can get them kinda close. i am looking for a good ride mostly, especially on sharp cracks in the highway.
thanks all
clarence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2011, 09:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You can always call and talk with Fox's tech line and they will help advise what valving to run. The "T" in the code is for truck valving and means it will have a flutter valve which will help smooth out the ride some.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:07 AM
Premium Member

thanks trevor. do you supply rear shocks to match the front if a guy wanted??
Old 06-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

We certianly can if you would like. We have 2.0 and 2.5 series with or without resevoir. We can vavle them accordingly to what you want to do with the truck.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Premium Member

ok. so i am looking for a shock with less compression valving than what is in the standard 5100 series bilsteins. i know its a different truck, but have been doing some reading on the cummins forum and they are in the area of 30/90. mind you, i am thinking that is on the front, with a coilover setup. the second number seems awefully light no? what has been your experience trev?
i know that i want light compression and near average rebound numbers. what those are, is what i am trying to determine. i am waiting for a call back from fox on this. and i am going to call thuren and see his opinion on numbers as well.
thanks again trev.
clarence
Old 06-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

As far as the front shocks, if you plan on running additional shocks with the coilovers both need to be valved accordingly to get the desired ride. If one or the other is valved without knowing what the other is, your ride will suffer. For the rear, we typically run a T90 valving which is a 30/90 with a shutter valve. I would be the first to admit that Im no shock valving guru. What I know has been absorbed from our shock guy. It amazes me every time I talk to him how he can figure out what a truck needs.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Premium Member

what about with the newer springs on these trucks? i am guessing i need to find out the spring rate? also shoot me a price on 2 shocks for the rear and when i get enought scratch, i will be getting a coilover conversion from you.
thanks bud
clarence
Old 06-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Im assuming by newer springs, you mean doing an '08+ rear leaf spring conversion? Im unsure of what valving changes would be made for those springs, I would need to check with our builder to find out.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Premium Member

sounds good. let me know and i will also try find out what numbers are in a stock 5100 bilstein. then maybe i can determine what i "THINK" i might want. also, if anyone has any info as to what the stock 2011 rear spring rates are, or how to find out, let me know as the ford parts guy is no help.
trev, as far as i know, they changed the spring rates again for 2011 models as compared to the 08-10. so that is why i went with 2011's.
clarence
Old 06-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Yes, the 2011 spring rates are softer than the '10's. Im unsure what the new ones are at this point however. Im trying to get a set of '11 springs as we speak. They have been difficult to find.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.