Lifts above 12in - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2011, 07:06 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lifts above 12in

Anyone have a lift above 12in. I am thinking about a 14in Full Throttle suspension lift but wanted to know if anyone has one or not. Pics? Ideas?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2011, 08:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I want to do 14 inches but I think Im going to do a little bit different septu thatn what theirs is. You should talk to Trevor at Precision Metal Fab. He can help you build a good quality lift of that size at a decent price.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:12 PM

thanks man il give him a call. i got a quote from full throttle suspension for a 14in lift with everything from reservoir shocks(6) to cross over steering, trac bars, and drive line spacers. came out to 6135 which i dont think is that bad. he said that i would be able to fit at least 42s
Old 05-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Do you know what brand of shocks that is? Just wondering? The only thing I don't like about their lift is that they use 14in leaf springs in the front. From what I understand that makes the ride very stiff. I would rather use 10in leaf springs and 4in hanger. Im not an expert though this just my opinion from doing my own research. It really just depends on exactly what you want though. Using the 14in kit from full thorottle might not be idea because it will take a lot of the headache and guess work on trying to make everything work togather. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:39 PM

they are the 2.0 Full throttle suspension shocks. Yes i bet the ride would be very very rough!! But wouldn't steering stabilizers and cross over steering help a bit!!?The 10in leaf with a 4in hanger might be smart though. Are you planning on doing somewhere around a 14in lift too?
Old 05-21-2011, 06:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yea the steering should be fine as long as you have cross over steering. Yea im also planing on a 14in lift and running 43in michilens. With 14 inches you should be able to run 44s but they will fit kind of snug.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:37 AM

I will have to take a look at those. Im thinking about the 42in goodyear mtrs or some type of super swamper but super swampers would wear like crazy. What width and size rim are you thinking about running?
Old 05-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

O yea the goodyears are really good too and your right the super swampers will wear out really fast. I am running 20s.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yea the goodyears are good tire too and your right the super swapers will wear really fast. I am running 20s right now and that what is required for those 43in michilens.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:59 PM

nice, i talked to trevor today at Precision metal fab. i think a 8in spring with a 6in shackle up front and a 7in block with 8in spring is the way to go. where are you getting your 43s? are they just called michilen 43s or what is the real name so i can look them up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.