carli or icon??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 07:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
carli or icon???

I'm starting to look around for suspension. It will be a while yet before I get anything, but doin my research for now. What are your oppinions on the carli and icon lifts. Lookin for about 4.5inches with remote res/piggyback shocks. I'm not interested in having the biggest lift. What I want is quality and performance. My cousin has the kore suspension on his cummins and the ride and handling on and off road is amazing. Its that type of suspension I'm after. If there is another brand that compares, id be glad to learn about it as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2010, 08:44 PM

I bought from Donahoe before it was ICON. I do not have a suggestion as far as the lift because I have an 04 and all i basically bought was springs. However, the guys at ICON were the best i've dealt with. After my lift was up and running I had some issues with noises from my loose Track bar mount. They helped me diagnose and even sent me a bushing for free. They have replaced multiple shocks after $50k miles and were generally really cool to deal with. My $.02
Old 12-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I just had the 4.5" Icon lift installed on my 08 Harley Davidson Edition F250 and it rides and handles amazing.I purchased it from Truck Toyz Performance and they are top notch guys to deal with and it comes complete kit with everything to install even nice zinc plated Icon shocks valved for our trucks,so i say go for the Icon.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:30 AM

Oh yea, one more thing. From you guys running these lifts, can you post up some pics.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:03 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You should also add pure Performance to your list..they come std with 4 link arms and ride swet. We are both a Icon and Pure dealer..

Here is a '08 with 4"..

Last edited by CT Performance, Inc.; 06-10-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Premium Member

I've had pure performance and carli on a dodge and now that I have a F250 I have carli on it. I'm on a iPad right now so when I have comp access I'll PM you and talk more.

Jon
Old 12-16-2010, 04:55 PM

I have this same discussion going on another forum so this is good. I want to know the best of the two also as I have an 06 with a Pro Comp 8" stage II with dual mx6r up front and it sucks!!!! Carli is at the top because it uses the King coilovers, but what say you Project 9??? I'd like to know myself. I want a sure as **** suspension that can do all off road from highspeed wash board to hills and rocks.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:20 AM

If you opted for the Icon, I'd go with the Icon coilover setup with the OUO Adjustable Link Arms.

You can't go wrong either way between it or Carli.
I like the Icon coilover hoop better than the Carli mount and also like ditching the factory radius arms for the OUO adjustable ones.

Here is the Icon hoop, Icon Coilover and a RaceRunner 2.5 Bottom mounted reservoir on a truck we did:

Same truck with just the hoops and coilovers:

Old 12-17-2010, 03:39 PM

I have the Pro Comp radius arms but they suck too...IMHO!! I def need the 4 link. SO as stated on the other site I will be gaining some serious articulation right?? Give me the link to the OUO links cause I did'nt see them. Thanks again DC!!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:42 PM

OUO link arms:
One Up Offroad Adjustable Link Arms - 2005-2011 F250/350/450 4wd - One Up Offroad Suspension Components - Truck Toyz Store

They use a large rod end at the frame side which does away with the bushing that is there on the factory arms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.