holy wobble, please help!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
holy wobble, please help!!!!

So i recently went from 6 to 8 inches of lift up front. I have a basic fabtech readius arm drop kit. I now added a leveling kit under the coils to give me an additional 2" of lift. At the same time i rotated my tires crossing back to front. So now for some reason when im cruising on the highway it pulls to the left, even worse if im making a right turn it vibrates like crazy, but if im making a left turn its smooth as can be. Also when im on the brakes sometimes i can hear a donk donk donk noise.

Before i did the extra 2" and rotated the tires, it pulled to the right a little and even more when on the brakes, now it does all this described above.

Any thoughts??

Last edited by hypersnyper694788; 12-14-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2010, 01:01 PM

I would recommend getting an alignment if you haven't had one recently, especially to see where your caster is at.

So you rotated tires and now the pull changed from the right to the left? Could be the tires.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:17 PM

I was maybe thinking it could be the tires as well. Im really hoping an alignment will help it though, maybe a balance too.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:57 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
what did you do in the rear for the lift? mine has a knock when i take the steering wheel through a spot little to the left and then on the way back. The pulling is probably a result of the tires. They will wear one way then you rotate then it pulls the other way. let them ear some more and it should settle out then. The wobble i dont know. Mine did it the other night to where i stopped and looked at eveything and then it hasnt done it since. So I dont know. Hope you can figure out whats going on.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to NorCal510PSD Send a message via Yahoo to NorCal510PSD
check your ball joints as well...
Old 12-15-2010, 08:52 AM

I didnt change anything in the rear, i just added some lift to the front. I would think my ball joints are fine they were just replaced maybe 7k ago. I think the pulling is from the tires but the violent shake and donk donk noise is what im more worried about.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:58 PM

Fixed the wobble by re-tightening everything, I guess something was loose. It still pulling which should be fixed with alignment and or tire balance.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:44 PM

pulling is in the Castor adjustment or not the castor but more specifically the cross castor or the difference in angle from one side to the next. You should aim for the closest possible number there but if not favor the right by having more angle on the left. Im not sure about fords yet but on a dodge you mark the position of the cams before you take them loose then as long as the new arms are equal you can return the cams to the same position and have more or less the same cross castor.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:36 AM

thanks, its going into ford soon for studs so im going to just have them allign it and that should sholve the problem. I also found a screw in my left front tire causing it to loose some air pressure. I have since plugged it. It has helped the pull a bit, but it does still pull to the left a little, unless im on the breaks then it will pull to the right a little. I also found a broken abs sensore wire on my right front tire, which would explain the ABS light lol. I already ordered the parts to fix that, not sure if it would have anything to do with why it pulls to the right when breaking.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:59 AM

When I got my dodge lifted the bolts kept coming loose and I neglected it and they actually egged out the bushings so It never did drive right and I ended up lowering it back to stock...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.