? bout blocks - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
? bout blocks

k so i got my truck from my dads really good friend for a great price. it currently has a carli 8" lift. leafs in the front and rear. not a single block on the truck. my ? is can i put a 3 or 4" block under the leafs front and rear to get some extra height? is that safe? right now i have full 8" leafs. the front looks to be sagging to me but i cant tell. i want to fit 22s and 40s with out cutting anything. right now it has 17s and 35s. and is TINY... so please help me out here with some advice and info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

First off blocks in the front is a BIG nono!! You could get a set of Icon 4.5" front lift hangers and shackles. You really need traction bars with 8" springs and a large enough block to leavel out with the front end. I have the Icon 12.5" lift 8" front springs and 4.5" hangers/shackles, rear i have 8" springs and a set of OneUpOffroad traction block . The blocks are 5" and the bars and bloack are all hooked up as a complete system. I have the top plate with the bump stop and 3/4" ubolts. If you dont use traction bars of some kind you`ll have really bad axel wrap and could rip the rear axel right out from under the truck . Better to be safe than sorry!! Talk to Dave at http://diabloffroad.com/ .Dave know his stuff and can hook you up!! Or a vender on this site is trucktozs Dan (DC SPECIAL) will hook you up!! One Up Offroad Home
Old 12-10-2010, 09:43 AM

Flamedout is right. NO BLOCKS IN THE FRONT. It doesnt get it enough stability with the steering axle. When you do hangers youll need new shocks, adj track bar(if it doesnt have one already), pitman arm, sway bar links. Traction blocks are the way to go on the rear. The u-bolts go through the blocks to keep them from moving. I might do this one day with my lift but for know I just have stacked blocks(another bad idea).
Old 12-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I had stacked blocks with my rubicon express 6.5" lift , I didn`t install it and I didn`t like them stacked. I never had any problems, but it`s not the safest thing to do! When you build you truck up safty should always be first!! You`ll need long brake lines, also , it`s safer to get new one peice stainless steel lines. Also if you go up over 10" you need crossover steering. Also at 12.5" I had to have my transfer case clocked so the front drive shafe angle would be right . Also both drive shafts had to be lengthed. I had a OUO driveline / carrier bearing bracket. The higher you go the MORE $$$$$ you`ll spend. But do it the right way and the SAFE way!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 12:30 PM

k i just found out i have a deaver 6" lift.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Those are very good springs! Look at Icon`s 10.5" lift , you would only need everything but the springs ! If you want to go higher than 10.5" you really should just buy an all new lift kit. Or if you got alot of $ do the OneUpOffroad coilover conversion, you could do 12" up 20" of lift then. The 12.5" icon netted me 14.5" of lift over stock height , and I have the 7.3L psd.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:35 PM

i have been looking at the 12"-14" oneupoffroad lift. ive made a few phone calls. i heard they are pretty good and look into kelderman as well.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

If your going to spend the $ OneUpOffroad is the way to good all the way!!!! You`ll be glad you did!!
Old 12-10-2010, 05:05 PM

so is the kelderman not as good as the oneupoffroad kit? i am doign more reasearch before i spend the coin.. i wonder if anyone on here has it on there powerstroke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.