Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

leveling kit cofussion

740 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  DCSpecial 
#1 ·
Ok i've been looking at leveling kits for my 05 250. So my question is how do I determine which kit to buy. I've seen kits from 2" up to 3". I'm not asking about brands but more of what is the benefits of the different size kits.

'

#2 ·
I've put a few of these on, 2.5" spacers & 2.5" coil springs. From the feedback I've gotten the kits w/ the repacement coil springs ride a lot better than the spacers. Look for a kit that has everything, coil springs, shocks, & something for the rear. If you dont do something for the rear it will sit a little low. Icon makes a great kit for what your looking for but it's a little pricey.

#3 ·
You can measure the difference between front and back.

The F-250 has a smaller rear block so the front isn't as low as it would be on a F-350.

Generally on a F-250 you'll need a larger rear block to go along with the leveling kit. That is how we sell the F-250 Specific Icon leveling system that is in our store.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.