Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Went up an extra inch - ICON TEI Spacer Install

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Fall Guy 
#1 ·
When I put my truck back to stock, it sat right at 2" higher in the rear. Thats right about where a F250 sits when you buy it new. Its been driving me crazy looking at the rear end up higher. I know from pas experience that I dont want it to sit level because when they sit perfectly level, they look like they are squatting to me. So I decided if I put a 1" spacer in the front it would be abut 1" higher in the rear and would be perfect. So I picked up a 1" TEI spacer. I threw it in today and it sits exactly where I wanted it to. It actually ended up being right at 3/4" of an inch higher in the rear. From the ground to the center highest point of the wheel opening is 41.75" on the front and 42.5" on the rear. Exaclty where I wanted it. Next step is to pick up a set of ICON 2.5" Leveling Kit Coils and cut a coil or so (will take some experimenting) off to get it exactly where it is now except with the ride of the ICON dual rate spring.

Anyway..enough chit chat...here are a few pics after installing the 1" ICON TEI spacer today:

See less See more
#4 ·
Nope lol. I had it all the way up to 8" with 37's. Now that I'm back down I LOVE driving my truck. Now I'm just going to work on improving the ride. Which for a stock height truck is challenging, cause nobody offers aftermarket coil for a stock truck. Dont get me wrong it rides great now, especially with the 08 rear leaf spring conversion. And no I dont want to go up to 2.5" LOL

#8 ·
Truck looks good Billy! Do you have the 08 leafs on it?

#9 ·
Yeah, when I was selling everything from the lift I decided to keep the 08 spring conversion and the amp steps.

#11 ·
Thanks

Yeah I didn't even think about that when I asked about cutting the coils. It rides good now, even with the crappy factory Ranchos on there. Just gonna sell my leveling kit (see classifieds) and buy some good shocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.