Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tighten up the Steering

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  TxFireman1972 
#1 ·
This is my first post and I hope many more to come. I've learned a lot from everyone here, much appreciated.

Anyway I have a 05 F250 with a 6" lift and 35" tires, what are the best moves to make to create better handling and tighter steering? I feel like there could be less play in my steering wheel.

My wheel bearings are good.
:flag:

#2 ·
I am not a pro, but i do know that with a lift and big tires, A dual steering stabilizer of great quality, cannot be beat! And Remember that the stabilizers are like shocks, they leak and wear out and will need periodic replacement. I also like to get under the truck and tighten and inspect everything myself on a reg basis. Good Luck!

#4 ·
#5 ·
Check out your tie rod ends i replaced all mine on my last f250 and it drove like a new truck afterwards

#7 ·
Steering boxes on super duties suck..it's just ugly reality of owning a Super Duty

#8 ·
#9 · (Edited)
Also wanted to mention I spoke with Harvey at Redhead and he told me:

We do have a gear box in stock for your 05 F350 4x4, your cost would be $366 exchange. This is an upgraded gear box, we custom fit the worm and piston assembly with oversize balls according to need. We have 5 oversizes, the manufacturer just uses standard decimal balls, as does everyone else who rebuilds these. However, if the lash is not taken up between these components it will never drive like it should. The core charge on this gear box is $200. Harvey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.