Going up! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Going up!

Ok. I searched through what had to have been 14 pages of threads.I know I've seen before but I couldn't find the "8 to 10 lift" thread. There was 2 of them.

Anyways I am looking to do the same. I currently have an 8" lift on my 2005 CCLB f250. I am unsure of the brand however. I looked for parr numbers and such but vould not find any. I will take some pics and maybe you guys can help figure that out too...It almost looks like a BDS kit but I don't know.

The rear appears to have about 4" of blocks in the back to make the 8". When I bought the truck I thought the rear sat slightly higher. I looked into getting a 1" coil spacer but figured if I'm gonna go up nights well go UP! So I am thinking of going with a 2.5 leveling kit in the front and then for the rear I have been looking at PMF traction blocks. I already have traction bars on the truck but I really like the idea of OUO and PMF traction bars integrated into te block itself. PMF appeals more to me more with the pricing. So I am looking at the 6" traction blocks which is what I believe I'd need since the current blocks measure 4". As for the front I was just thinking to add a leveling kit to get me up the 2 1/2" or so that would level me out.

What else am I going to need to do to achieve this all at once. From what I have read I will be looking at about 1/2" of shim in the carrier bearing and with the track arm how much more adjustment are you guys going out? Last thing is shocks? Am I going to need to replace my shocks with longer ones?

Last edited by slowcoupe; 09-24-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You wont be disappointed with PMF traction blocks....Thats the best thing I bought for my truck.Night and day difference
Old 09-27-2010, 08:37 AM

So I have read. I am ready to do this. TTT
Old 09-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Premium Member

I went from 8" to 10", there are some things that you need to consider. You will need a longer track bar, which I got the icon adjustable which is good to 10" lift. Also, your radius arms will need to be extended or your front axle will be pulled back. The only problem with this is your front coils will bow considerably, and it won't ride as well. Steering will be another fact as the angles will increase, and I'd recommend cross-over steering. Also the front drive shaft can become in contact with your transmission cross member, so you might need an aftermarket. Also you might need a re-indexing ring for the transfer case. If you are going up in the rear, I'd strongly recommend new leaf springs at least 8" lift, throwing a ton of blocks in the rear makes for a terrible ride. Your shocks, although capable if they were made for a 8" lift, tend to get blown when you over extended them. You already mentioned the rear carrier bearing drop. Let me know how everything works out for you.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:32 AM

Wow I didn't think I'd have to replace that much stuff for 2 inches. How could i tell if id have enough adjustment in my trackbar now? Like how much adjustment out am i needing for this..

However in the rear I will not be throwing in a whole bunch of blocks. I will be purhasing the precision metal fab traction blocks. Its a single 6" block with a traction bar setup.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:20 AM

Pictures

So I finally snapped of some pictures of my current front end setup below. I already know I will be getting the pmf bars for the rear so all I'm worries about is the front end. How do I extend my radius arms? I also noticed a slight bow to my current front springs.The spring bows towards the front of the truck ever so slightly. My truck rides great though.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:38 AM
Premium Member

What lift kit are you currently running? If you were to throw 2" spacers in the front without getting longer radius arms, I'm not even sure if those coils would stay in place. Probably wouldn't be safe? You could try and get some drop brackets for your current radius arms, that might work, or buy 10" 4 link radius arms from a vender. As for the track bar in front, I'm not sure if it will reach your drop bracket if you go up 2". I'm no expert, but I was told with my truck that I needed another track bar going up to 10", but maybe that was just a sell tactic. Hopefully someone who knows for sure chimes in here.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:10 PM

To be honest like I posted above I am unsure of the brand of lift. I purchased the truck with the lift on it. Im actually pretty impressed with the ride quality. In looking at trucks this is one o the few lifted that didn't ride like an old safari bus. The coil front end is an improvement over my 2002 thts for sure. I would like to go up to a 10" lift but if it's gonna be too much work the current 8 will suffice.

After looking at the lift I'm assuming a drop bracket would do the trick. What would be the cause of my currently bowed coils the way the truck sits now?
Also where would I look to find a part number on any of the parts. I crawled around for a good 10 min trying to find any numbers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.