2008 f250 traction/ladder bars - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to generalee31184
2008 f250 traction/ladder bars

Looking for suggestions on traction bars for 08 f250 6.4 ext. cab short bed. Spartaned tuned 4" superlift. I was looking at superlift but come to find out the part number they have listed is just that, a part number they have listed. Not even in production yet, backordered and dont know how long. My other choice I was looking at were the pro comps but not sure if they are any good? I dont want to spend a 1000 bucks on bars either. I need to get rid of my axle wrap, I wont even horse on the truck of do sled pulls until I get a set in there. It wraps pretty bad without them. Just seems it is hard to find them for these trucks yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Get a hold of Trevor at PMF, he'll take care of you. He is a sponsor here.

These are on my truck.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Looks like a nice set up but yikes on the price for me and I would prolly want to upgrade to the 3/4 u bolts too.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You get what you pay for i have a set of Trevors bars going on this weekend very high quality and priced well for what you get! i got the 3/4" u bolts too!
Chris
Old 09-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yeah and then shipping on top of that! I see them on ebay 775 + 125 shipping, thats a little steep for me.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:15 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Try ouo and see if $1500 is a better price for you that is about the only thing close to Pmf's setup! you can buy a cheap set then change them in a few months time because the make noise or break then you are spending more $$ than the first good setup would have cost! Thats just my opinion do what you want!
Chris
Old 09-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalee31184 View Post
Yeah and then shipping on top of that! I see them on ebay 775 + 125 shipping, thats a little steep for me.
That is one of the best upgrades you can do to your truck...well worth the money.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
You are absolutely correct, $775 is no small amount of money. However, if you look around this a pretty darn fair price for this setup. Even the cheap bolt on setups that have mixed reviews and dont include any kind of block run $500-600. As much as I dont want to, we may have to raise our prices a bit. It takes me 6 hrs to build a complete set and almost an hour of cutting on the laser table. All said and done we have less than a 20% profit margin on these.....
Old 09-11-2010, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Looks like a nice set up but yikes on the price for me and I would prolly want to upgrade to the 3/4 u bolts too.

Like the guys are saying, these are extremely fair in price for what you are getting and in my opinion the best designed bars I have seen on the market period. This isn't an inexpensive game to play and you are much better off to bite the bullet and do it right the first time and not have to do it again. I have heard stories of almost every other bar out there except for the OUO bar breaking including the Rize setup. You aren't going to break this or bind up your rear end. In this case you get more than you pay for.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:24 AM

If you are willing to do some welding, you can get a set of OUO bars for your short bed for not too much coin:

One Up Offroad Fixed Length Weld-On Traction Bars w/Small Gussets - 1999-2008 F250/350 Short Bed & Excursion - Rear Traction Bars - Truck Toyz Store

But, if you want bolt on:
One Up Offroad Bolt-On Traction Bars - 1999-2010 F250/F350 2 & 4wd - Rear Traction Bars - Truck Toyz Store
(note: with the short bed you can select the fixed bar which knocks about $161 off of the price)

OUO bars work great, been running them on my 2007 F-350 work truck that is constantly towing, hauling or snow plowing in the winter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.