Well, I have been having lot's of fun over the weekend working on the installation of my 4 link from Trevor at PMF. I still haven't quite finished with it. I haven't gotten to the front frame mounts for the ladder bars because I have to figure out where to relocate my bypass filter. And I had to do some massaging with the passenger frame mount for the lower 4 link because it wants to share space with my Vegistroke V3 manifold. Plus I ran into problems with the u-bolts for the rear blocks. I had bought a set from the classifieds here and they just weren't working out so I had to find a proper set of u-bolts on the shelf and ready to go locally. I found a set but the guy had just closed for the day. He agreed to wait around for a half an hour for me and pulled my bacon out of the fire. This is a prototype kit so there are little things that needed some attention but it is great stuff and I'm really pleased with it all. So here a some pics from over the weekend. There will be more added this week as I finish up with the install.
This was the first challenge. The tabs on the bottom plate of the spring pack were too wide to fit in the block saddle.
So out came the cut off wheel and we just made them disappear like so.
We got the block in place and they slipped on nicely with the tabs removed. But I found that the top plate didn't want to fit over the nut that held the spring pack together. Opting to cut the nut off of the bolt rather than drill out the holes in the top plate (gives me more adjustability options) I got out my handy cut off wheel again and cut off part of the nut.
Then I took a drift pin and hammer and knocked the nut off off the stud.
Now everything fit fine. The spring pack bolt now acts as a center pin and the upper plate holds it all together.
Yes of course I torqued them down.
Here I am wrestling with the top plate or passing a kidney stone. He!! it could have been both lol.
So with the traction blocks in I went ahead and slapped on the DR shocks.
And the blocks are in.