My new project. Suggestions/ Pictures Appriciated!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My new project. Suggestions/ Pictures Appriciated!!!

Hey guys I'm a newbie so please don't rip me apart for asking questions which are most likely already answered somewhere deep in this fourm.

Check out my album. I've got a project in the works. It's a 03 Longbox Crewcab. So far I've got a 4'' Magnaflow exhaust and Hypertech programmer installed. The bed was smashed when I got it so for the past two weekends getting the new one back on has been my project. I could only find a two tone bed so I ended up rockguarding the entire truck down the body line to match.

Last night I picked up a 6" Rough Country lift from a guy off Craigslist. It was new in the box with all four leaf springs for $900. I thought I got a good deal.

I'm looking for anyone who has experience with the same 6" Rough Country lift/ how it rides/pictures of the project. The kit I got didn't come with a dual stabilizer for the front end. Do you guys recommend this? My buddy says its almost a must.

Once I get the lift on I'm looking at putting some 20" XD Rockstar Black Wheels with Federal MT 35x12.50-20 Tires.

Does anyone have any experience/pictures of this lift/tire combo? I'm shying away from 37's. I drive about 100 miles a day and really don't need the truck to be massive...just bigger than right now

Anything you guys can recommend or suggest would be great!

Thanks,

Calvin
Attached Thumbnails
My new project. Suggestions/ Pictures Appriciated!!!-tires.jpg  

Last edited by crusch42; 08-03-2010 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Added Album Link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum - crusch42's Album: 2003 7.3 Crew Longbed Project
Old 08-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Looks pretty good to me.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:31 AM
Chapter Director

Very nice project. Don't forget to post pics of your progress. The nice thing about going with 35's is that you will not have to regear. With the 37's I have on mine, regearing was a must or I would have smoked my transmission.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yes, like cubalz said, 35's would be nice for gearing issues and a little more economic. You can run the 6 inch lift for a while without the dual stabilizer if you have the stock single stabilizer. I personally like the way 35's look on a 6 inch because of the clearance. I dont like the stuffed tire look... And if the lift didnt come with shocks, I recommend the bilstein shocks, no matter what brand lift you have, the bisteins will really make it ride better...
Old 08-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Lift is on

Got the 6" Rough Country on. Front and rear leaf springs. It was my first time doing a lift so it took a while but I'm really happy with it. Now I'm just waiting on my tires.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:34 PM

Looks a lot better! How does it ride?
Old 08-08-2010, 03:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to NorCal510PSD Send a message via Yahoo to NorCal510PSD
when i had my 02, i was running a 4" hanger and shakle...but also with a 10" spring...i like the idea of big hangers and shakles if they are short enough to where you cant see the bottoms hanging below the body line or bumper. And for the idea you can run a spring less lift or even a stock spring depending on how big you want to go, thus maintaing a better ride in SOME cases. looks awesome in any case get those 35's on there!
Old 08-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks guys...it rides pretty well actually..better than I thought it was going to. My 35's, dual stabilizer, and new lockouts should be here by Friday. I'll post pictures.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Here it is...all the mods listed above are complete!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.