Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

'99 F250, 4" lift 37x13 tires

6K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  02stroker250 
#1 ·
Found a good deal on a set of 37's locally on Craigslist...

I'm trying to figure out if I should go grab them.

Can I fit these 37" tires underneath my truck with a 4" lift?

I realize there's a good chance I'll be rubbing if they do fit, so what/where would I need to trim (if at all) to get these to fit pretty well?

I guess what I'm looking for, is should I go ahead and pick these up, or wait until I find some 35's?

Thanks!!!!

#2 ·
My truck is newer so i dont know the diff... but i have a 6" lift and my 37's rubbed pretty bad. i had my wheel wells cut under the trim and moved it all back about 1 1/2". they clear fine now and i cant even see where they did the work for $350! With a 4" lift idk?

#5 ·
Well if you really want we can tell you they will fit, then when they don't you can come back and fuss about them not fitting lol

#8 ·
i dare say its all in the backspacing ;)

#10 ·
I have 37 x 13.50's on my 04 F350 with a 4.5" lift and needed to do some cutting to ensure no rubbing. Can be done though....

#13 ·
Yeah, I think I'll bite.

The problem is they're about an hour and a half away from where I live, and are only open during the hours I work...maybe they'll still have them on Saturday.

#15 ·
37 on a 4 inch lift is a bad choice, thats not smart, i have a 10in lift and 39.5x15 and i have hit my fender while wheeling. I also know someone who has a 99 sd 7.3 with a 6in and 37 and they do fit but its tight. So before you go and by them think about it. I wouldnt if I was you i would put 35s on

#16 ·
Yeah, I passed on them after doing a test fit.

They were rubbing on the front bumper and on the running boards without much of a turn in the wheel.

I figure 35's are the way to go. Now I just have to find the right deal on some 35's.

#18 ·
my cousin put a 4 in lift on his truck and he had 37s but if you hit a good size bump they hit and he could barley turn so i wouldn't do it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.