How does the Rough Country 4Link Ride and Quality? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 05:21 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How does the Rough Country 4Link Ride and Quality?

Hey, it seems that all I do is ask questions here so I'm sorry for that, but I want to make sure Im going with good parts within my budget.

Ok here's what I'm looking at, I can get an 8" Rough Country 4Link for my 08 F250 for not a bad price.. But how well of quality and ride is the system? Compared to say a BDS? Im for sure going to upgrade the shocks at least to Bilsteins.. Im going to be running 38's with 20x12 rims, will the tires look small on an 8" lift? Thanks for all the help once again guys. Hopefully I'll finally make up my mind before I leave Iraq.. haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Rough Country is know for riding rough, hence the name.

I've heard guys on here talking about their lifts sagging after a year or 2, and the materials are poor quality.

Just my .02.

Then again, there are probably others that have had better luck. I personally went with Pro Comp.

However, like many, many people on here will tell you - "You get what you pay for."
Old 07-29-2010, 11:22 AM
Retired Soldier!

I have pro comp on mine and am happy with it too.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

If your open to other companies kits, I have a 4 link that uses the Icon dual rate springs and will ride much nicer than most other kits out there. I can give you full details if your interested.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Serving Our Country!

Hey Trevor, from everything I've seen the parts ya'll do are really nice! If I can fit everything in my budget them Id be more than glad to go that way.. Let me know. I'll also PM you too. Thanks!
Old 07-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Cool, I didnt want to jump into a thread about anothe companies parts and come off as my parts being the only quality product out there. There are plenty of great kits out there, never any hard feelings when people go a route different than ours!

A complete 8" lift (no shocks) would run $1600. It would include everything you would need except shocks
Standard features:
7" Dual rate springs
1" spring relocator
HD drop track bar bracket
Drop pitman arm
Extended SS front brake lines
Fully adjustable front 4-link kit
Rear fabricated blocks
Ubolts

Optional parts would be:
HD solid mount adjustable track bar- +$550
HD single peice draglink- +$350
Adjustable center carrier bearing drop- +$150
Rear traction block upgrade- +$600
Old 07-29-2010, 12:49 PM
Serving Our Country!

I do believe I have a new kit.. lol.. but questions.. would the optional parts be necessary? Can you fill me in on what those parts would do, or benefit me to have them.. I'm trying to gain as much knowledge on the lift kits and parts, I'm more used to smaller cars haha.. Let me know!
Old 07-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

No, the optional parts arent necessarily needed. The traction block/bar setup will prevent axle wrap which is common with the '08+ trucks. They typically put down more power than previous years and have a softer longer spring that is more prown to wrapping. The solid mount adjustable track bar will allow you to center your axle at the new lift height and will eliminate the lower ball joint which is the cause for 90% of "death wobble". The adjustable carrier bearing bracket isnt needed unless you have a truck that is getting driveline vibrations that cant be easily tuned out with shims. It makes the process easier but alot of times some simple cheap shims will do the trick. The heavy duty draglink isnt really needed until you get up to 10"+ of lift. Its a solid setup that replaces the factory weak draglink. A good upgrade for any truck but again, not a needed item.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Serving Our Country!

Wow, Thanks for all the info, def schooled me. I started to google some and learned a bit from that but you've helped out alot. Let me get some things straight and I'll def hit you back, which is easier through here or call? Im still In Iraq but will be out of here in a few weeks.. let me know what all I'd need to do to get things rolling.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

No problem. If you come up with other questions, just ask em! Whichever is easier for you. If it helps, I can take a 50% deposit to get it in line.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.