I need a good 8" lift for my 2010 F350 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I need a good 8" lift for my 2010 F350

Im in need of a GOOD quality lift for my 2010 F350 I do not know much of anything about lift kits all I know is that there are some Really good one and some JUNK ones.

Here is what I want to get out of if 8" of lift I would like to fit 40's on it as well and not mess up my drive line and still be able to tow as close as possible to what I can at stock ride hight. and still want a good rideing truck with out vibrations and all that crap. If there is nothing on the market like that i would settle for a 6" lift.... but I want 8"

My sister has a 6" lift on her 08 F250 and its a POS doesnt ride worth a crap and has all kinds of problems with turning and other stuff. and i dont want to end up like her!

So can yall recomend anything?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2010, 01:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yes, you need to contact Trevor at Precision Metal Fab. He's in the process of building my 6'' kit and all his stuff is super nice. Its laser cut and hand welded. He's built the lift for Pahrump's air ride kit and is working on or is done with Toylet's 12'' kit. Toylet just switched from a Rize kit to his kit. His stuff is super nice and his prices are very nice for what you're getting. I think you can find Trevor in the vendor section under Precision Metal Fab or PMF. His name on here is NotStock...
Old 07-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I will contact him how long is it taking to get yours done?
Old 07-15-2010, 01:28 PM

It's supposed to be about 3weeks from the Monday that just passed, but as of right now he is trying to figure out where the coils are coming from. The good thing about him though, is he is actually a normal guy working for a smaller company and you get great service from him. He seems like he's a very honest dude and I've never heard anything from him. I was originally going to go with Rize but they've been having some customer service issues as of lately so that doesn't really leave too many nice brands out there but Icon.

For your ride quality from what I understand, to get nice ride you need the 4link. Several people have told me this, they say that either a radius arm drop or the 4link is the best ride, but the 4link will far outperform. The replacement radius arm kits are supposedly just for looks.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:29 PM

Side note---I bet your sis the the girl on thedieselgarage trying to make her truck faster than her bro's.... Can't be too many brothers and sisters that both have 6.4s....
Old 07-15-2010, 03:03 PM

i have a radius arm drop kit and there is definitely better stuff out there. I cant imagine that a radius arm drop and a true 4 link can be on the same level.

Then again i came from a halfton IFS 8" Coilover suspension to a 3/4 ton coilspring/shock Dana 60 setup...so im just complaining
Old 07-15-2010, 03:19 PM

I worded what I meant wrong... Wasn't sayin they are equal---just saying the new radius arm replacements are cosmetic. 4link will really surpass the drop brackets i'm sure. You'd be better off with a drop bracket kit and nice shocks than a replacement radius arm kit. But 4 link is best.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:38 PM

I gotcha. Im with ya on the 4link- go big or go home. Once im paid off thats what im getting, or when i need new tires.....might as well do it all at once.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleE44 View Post
Side note---I bet your sis the the girl on thedieselgarage trying to make her truck faster than her bro's.... Can't be too many brothers and sisters that both have 6.4s....
NO CRAP is her name Mary??? lol yeah that would be my sister hahaah yeah she hates my truck being faster
Old 07-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Okay so im going to go with a 4 link system then i guess i got to find the right brand if the other guy you told me about does not work out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.