help design my ultimate suspension! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
help design my ultimate suspension!

I have a 96 powerstroke f-250 and have been fighting this sorry excuse for a front axle for over 10yrs. I have of course been looking for a dana 60 or a f-350srw 4door for a reasonable price but they seem to be gold around here. I am trying to decide weather to four link and air bag which was my original plan or just stay with leaf's. i would love to have the adjustability of air and the smooth ride. I also saw a show where they took an aam 1150 rear axle, cut it, put in seals, welded on dana 60 knuckles and had custom shafts made up. I just happen to live and sometimes work at the plant where those are built. I have read a few articles on the forum that one guy here makes some really good 4link air suspensions. which way would you guys go with axles, suspen design,

I am also having trouble finding 8 on 6.5 rims. the 8 on 170mm are all over the place along with the axles. is switching to the new axles and wheels a viable option for me or should i stay with my steels and find some weld in bead locks or something to dress them up a little?

thanks everyone for your help. can't tell u how much i have learned by just reading others posts. i love this place!!!!!! JT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
We developed the RS kit SD spring swap and '05 up SD axles and suspension swap for OBS trucks..we can get you everything you need to have the best riding and handling OBS truck. PM me if I can help.

8x6.5 rims are all over the place..
Old 07-15-2010, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc. View Post
We developed the RS kit SD spring swap and '05 up SD axles and suspension swap for OBS trucks..we can get you everything you need to have the best riding and handling OBS truck. PM me if I can help.

8x6.5 rims are all over the place..
Do you have a link to any info on that? I have a friend of mine that is looking to change his setup on his 96. That sounds like exactly what he's looking for.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:54 AM

Have him PM or email me I can get him info and pictures.

Cary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.