How can I tell size of lift on lift spring?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How can I tell size of lift on lift spring??

I currently run a 4" spring up front and blocks with add a leafs on rear of my 03 f250 6.0I have managed to run 37" BFG but do get some rubbing I would like to lift my front to be leveled or a bit higher than the rear. I purchased a set of 6" springs online and found that they where not what the seller advertised or brand at least (Deaver) but I have contacted deaver and they tell me that their 6" springs have 12 leafs per springs and mine only have 6 leafs... My current set up has 4 leafs so I might be ok after all but would really hate to do all the labor or pay for the labor to only get the same current lift I have any help is greatly appreciated. I would like to know if the springs I purchased are in deed 6" springs is there a way know by looking at them or if any one knows the measurements 6" springs should have from floor to center of spring ??? any input is appreciated

Last edited by dannnzera; 07-12-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Not sure what your question is?

Are you asking what to do on an '03 to clear 37's? Or what lift to install?

When you say you are rubbing - what are you rubbing on? Leafs, air dam, rear fender trim? 2 of those can be easily modified (sawsall & zip ties)

I run 35's with just a 2.5" add-a-leafs and clear my front leafs by 1" on full lock turn.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I currently start rub at complete turns
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.