Help me with this steering issue! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 05:37 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help me with this steering issue!

Ok I have a 99 f250 4wd superduty. When I drive it down the road it likes to wander some and when you go around a curve it feels as if its still wanting to turn when you start to straighten back out. You can go down a straight stretch and wiggle the wheel and can definately see theres a little play somewhere. When its sitting in the yard with my dad shaking the wheel it has very little to no play. If I jack one side up and try to move the wheel to check the tie rod ends it really tight. Ball joints seem tight with a 7 foot bar. The track bar bushings look as if they may have a little bit of play but nothing major....Any pointers on solving this problem I have?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2010, 05:49 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

look at the shaft coming out of the gear box good , see how much gear box play you have
Old 06-27-2010, 06:05 PM

From what I can tell about the same steering is being transfered out of the box. Im going to try that link on the pitman arm.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
keep us posted, my steeing wheel has a decent amount of play i want to get rid of
Old 07-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

steering

I had the same problem everything was tight but drove like **** so i put a steering stabilizer on that help but still drove bad so i broke down and bought a steering box that solved the problem drives great now.The box listed for around 265 and i got it for 209 from my ford dealer be sure and take your serial # it was easy to change other than getting the pitman arm off of box. i removed air box,battery and tube going to after cooler u may end up haveing to buy the 2 hoses that go to the steering box to get them to reaseal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.