Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

4.5" 4 link

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  PGreenSVT 
#1 ·
Well I bought a set of 4.5" DR/Icon coil spring and shocks out of the classifieds here for my suspension lift. I really don't want anything bigger than a 4.5" lift. Well Monday I found out that my new 295/65/20 Trail Grapplers definitely wont fit without doing my lift first so I started seriously getting prices to do a 4 link setup. After looking around and getting prices for stuff that really was a compromise to what I was looking for I said the heck with it. I want what I want and I plan on keeping the truck for a long time so out went the compromise.

Pulled the trigger on having Trevor at PMF build me the 4 Link I want. It'll come with the new track bar he's working on along with a 5.5" rear block/ladder bar setup. I'm really looking forward to getting this stuff and getting it installed with the new tires. I'm stoked.

#2 ·
Cant wait to see the finished product. Also, how much is it going to run you for the 4 link setup?

#4 ·
Going to be nice. Just got my rear hangers from Trevor today. Good person to do business with. You will be happy with his products.

#5 ·
I have no doubt about that. That's why I went there. :thumb: Down the line I am probably going to want to do the 08 spring mod too but that has to wait right now.

#6 ·
How do I go about getting ahold of this guy, I'd like to find out about a 4 link kit, I'd like to FULLY 4 link my truck, front and rears on coilovers, but stay with around 8" of lift.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
*edit* contact info deleted. Take it to PM's.

#9 ·
the icon kit comes with a 5" block.. will 5.5 make it true level? ot will the back sit higher?

#11 ·
Yeah, I have a set of the 5" blocks. I would rather have a slight rake to it than have it sit nose high so I got the extra 1/2". I'm ok with it sitting true level or a tad high in the rear so either way I figure I'm covered.

Congrats! I know how excited I was when I got my leveling kit. I can't imagine how you must be feeling! :D Probably can't knock the smile off your face. Please post up your pics as you get it installed... :thumb:
You can bet on that. I'll post some when the parts come in then document the install. And yeah man, I'm stoked.

#10 ·
Congrats! I know how excited I was when I got my leveling kit. I can't imagine how you must be feeling! :D Probably can't knock the smile off your face. Please post up your pics as you get it installed... :thumb:

#12 ·
im in the same boat i have my icon 4.5 kit and i just order rear traction blocks.. now im wondering if i should get 5.5 now lol cause i ordered 5"

#13 ·
If I was 100% sure that it would sit true level I would have stayed with the 5". But like I said I'd rather be a little high than a little low in the back. If I turn out a little too high I can always run a spacer under the front spring to even it out a lot cheaper than replacing the traction blocks.

My 4 link should be similar to the Icon except both upper and lower bars will adjust and have Ballistic joints in them.

#14 ·
I might have to talk to trevor about a 4 link for my set up. he just made me a 6" set of rear blocks for my 4.5" icon kit. and a 5.5" block would set level but with everything i keep in my bed i went with a 6" block to keep it level or .5" higher. But cant wait to see your 4 link set up.:beer:

#15 ·
Well the 4link isn't due yet but tracking says that my TGC dual steering stabilizer with the Bilsteins is out for delivery today. Looks like I'll be installing that over the weekend. The wait is torture. I want to get this done and the new tires on bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.