2010 F250 FX4 - Lift Suggestions?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool 2010 F250 FX4 - Lift Suggestions??

I recently upgraded my 2006 F150 4X4 (6" Rancho Suspension lift with 35 X 12.5's) to a new 2010 F250 FX4 (Black on Black).

I love this truck, but I definitely miss the "up in the air" look and feel of my old truck.

What would be a good lift setup without compromising the ride and handling of the truck? My 2006 rancho setup rode like a dream like looking awesome, so I had the best of both.

I am considering a 6" Pro Comp Suspension lift, with the Pro comp xtreme ATR's in 37 X 12.5 or 37 X 13.5 on the ground and maybe the 20X9.5 or 22X10 Series 7289 wheels.

This will carry a nice price tag with it, so I was wanting to get everyones ideas on how to get the best "bang for my buck" on this $10,000 investment (or at least that is the budget i have given myself for this).

Any alternative setup suggestions would be greatly appreciated and considered.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

either Icon suspension or One Up offroad are good.

If you want something a little out the ordinary do a search on here for NotStock. He is a member and does some awesome air ride set ups.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:36 AM

From what I understand a 4-link kit gets you the best ride. I've looked at a pro comp replacement radius arm kit, but I'm not sold on it. The 4-link I've found to be the best bang for the buck is the Pure Performance 6.5 triple threat. I've been holding off to see if someone else will get it first. Here's a link to that 6.5" 08-10 Ford F250/F350 Super Duty Triple Threat Suspension Lift Kit (Diesel) - Top Gun Customz

I think for 10,000 you're going to come in under budget substantially unless you go with 22s and a really expensive coilover lift. I've got mine together for under 5, with 18s, 37s and either of the 2 lifts I mentioned
Old 06-23-2010, 05:11 AM

Icon would be my choice for a 7" lift:
Icon Vehicle Dynamics 2008-2010 FSD 7 Inch Suspension System - 2008-2010 F250/F350 SRW 4wd - Truck Toyz Store

You could upgrade to the One Up Offroad Adjustable Link Arms with that system to get an extremely good setup.

Other quality options would be BDS or RCD:
RCD 6 Inch 4-Link Suspension System - 2008 F250/350 SRW 4wd - 2008-2010 F250/F350 SRW 4wd - Truck Toyz Store
BDS 6 Inch 4-Link Suspesion System - 2008-2010 F250 Superduty SRW 4wd - 2008-2010 F250/F350 SRW 4wd - Truck Toyz Store
Old 06-23-2010, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Dan, how is the ride with the OUO arms compared to the 4Link?
Old 06-23-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
Dan, how is the ride with the OUO arms compared to the 4Link?
In terms of ride quality on the 7" you really won't notice much difference between the two. They both ride very, very good.

However, the benefit of the OUO ALAs comes by allowing you to keep the front axle centered or slightly shifted forward.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleE44 View Post
From what I understand a 4-link kit gets you the best ride. I've looked at a pro comp replacement radius arm kit, but I'm not sold on it. The 4-link I've found to be the best bang for the buck is the Pure Performance 6.5 triple threat. I've been holding off to see if someone else will get it first. Here's a link to that 6.5" 08-10 Ford F250/F350 Super Duty Triple Threat Suspension Lift Kit (Diesel) - Top Gun Customz

I think for 10,000 you're going to come in under budget substantially unless you go with 22s and a really expensive coilover lift. I've got mine together for under 5, with 18s, 37s and either of the 2 lifts I mentioned
I'm pretty seriously considering their coilover conversion kit and the 4 link arms for the front end. How reputable is PurePerformance? They seem pretty legit, just haven't heard much about their products asides from the usual marketing materials.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceFifty View Post
I'm pretty seriously considering their coilover conversion kit and the 4 link arms for the front end. How reputable is PurePerformance? They seem pretty legit, just haven't heard much about their products asides from the usual marketing materials.
I haven't heard much from em either, thats why I'm skeptical. The guy on here CaryT says they're good, but I've yet to hear from someone with one on a superduty. It all looks very nice tho. I think they are owned by the same company that makes Rock Krawler lifts if that means anything?... It seems to be quality stuff thats not to terribly expensive, but you usually get what you pay for ya know?.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.