Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6 inch lift to leveled out

940 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  TxFireman1972 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 Stroke with a 6 inch lift I would like to go to a leveling kit. What would I need to do this right?

#2 ·
What do you mean, you would like to add a leveling kit to the front? or you would like to go down to stock then add a leveling kit?

If you want to go down to stock then just level it out i am interested in your kit maybe we can work something out?

#3 ·
You would need someones stock suspension

#5 ·
I dont have a leveling kit but I do have the stock suspension and can work out a deal with buying a leveling kit you like. I am in New Orleans and have access to a shop with a lift. if it doesnt work out with nvme_63

#6 ·
Thanks for the replys my brother in law has a leveling kit. I would like to get rid of the lift and just have it leveled out. He has the coils and some steering pieces. I was just wondering what would have to be changed out.

#7 ·
Sway bar or sway bar links back to stock, pitman arm back to stock, trac bar bracket back to stock, bumpstops back to stock.
Springs and shocks to whatever you are using for leveling.

In the rear it depends on how it was lifted. If it was blocks you'll just need smaller blocks and new u-bolts along with new shocks.

#8 ·
I just did the same thing. Went from 8", back to stock. Trying to decide if I want to leave it where it is with maybe a set of 33's, or leveling kit and 35's:

Here's where it was:

Here's where it is now:

#9 ·
Damn txfireman-Your truck was sweet....Just wondering why I keep seeing peeps with lifts eventually go back to a leveling kit or stock:dunno:

#10 ·
For me, it just wasn't practical that big. Dint get me wrong, I loved it big, and it got lots of attention. But it sucked when I needed to load something in the bed, or park in a parking garage, etc etc. I was going to pull everything off and sell it. But now that is back down, it's useful as a truck again, and I'm enjoying driving it every day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.