Special's Fenderwell Liner Mod - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wink Special's Fenderwell Liner Mod

I have found so much helpfull information on this site, I feel obligated to give something back. I looked, but could not find a write up on this problem, so here is my fix for oversize tires rubbing on the fenderwell liner. This worked very well on my '05 F-250, but should work on other models as well. It is simple, clean, and FREE!

First take out the bolts at the bottom corner of the fenderwell liner, you do not have to take the liner out, just make enough room to cut. Pull the corner of the liner out and cut the outside corner of the liner off so that the liner is flexable and can be bent back like a mudflap. DO NOT cut the liner past the pinch weld.
Special's Fenderwell Liner Mod-liner-mod-01.jpg
Special's Fenderwell Liner Mod-liner-mod-02.jpg

Next take the front bolt out of the pinch weld under the fender, but leave the back bolt in. Bend the pinch weld up and under the truck until flat (Parallel with the bottom of the Truck).
Special's Fenderwell Liner Mod-liner-mod-04.jpg

Now take and pull the liner back as hard as you can and mark where the bolt hole in the pinch weld meets the fenderwell liner. Use a drill bit the same size as the pinch weld bolt to drill a hole in the liner where you marked. Pull the liner back and put the OEM Pinch weld bolt through the liner and back into the pinch weld.
Special's Fenderwell Liner Mod-liner-mod-06.jpg

That's it, your done. You just made a couple more inches for those big mudders to move.
Special's Fenderwell Liner Mod-liner-mod-08.jpg

Simple, Clean, and FREE! I hope this information is helpfull.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2010, 05:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have seen a lot of people with rubbing issues. Is this write up worth moving to the Tech Files?
Old 06-07-2010, 06:15 AM
Premium Member

Good idea my friend could have used this instead he hacked up his whole liner
Old 06-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

just an idea to go along with this.. u coild also do a reliefe cut vetically about 1/4 or 1/2 and inch behing where it bolts to.. this would help with bending it up and also help to make it look not bent its just and idea
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.