Improving ride on '06 F250 with Fabtech 8" 4-link lift? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WydOpen
Improving ride on '06 F250 with Fabtech 8" 4-link lift?

Looking for opinions to improve the ride quality on my truck. I am currently running a Fabtech 8" four-link kit with single Bilstein 5100's at each corner. The rear was lifted with only a 4" block and has a bulldog rake to the truck (see signature pic). I'm running 37" Toyo Open Country tires on 22" wheels. I'm running around with 55 psi in the tires.

For the front I am thinking Fabtech's coilover upgrade to replace the 8" coils. Anyone running this kit? Satisfied with the ride quality?

For the rear it looks like alot of people are happy with Icon's plush ride replacement springs. Thinking about 2" blocks and Icon's 6" plush ride springs. I would really like to do a coil sprung four-link setup...anyone know options available for this?

I had looked in to the Kelderman setup, but a little research shows it isn't the best setup, especially for the price.

Thanks in advance for opinions and options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Rob,

I would say it depends on whether you plan on upgrading or replacing the full system. I personally do not recommend spending the money for the Fabtech coil-overs. I have ridden on them a few times and was not impressed at all. A pair of Icon 7" coils and 1" TEI spacers will actually provide better ride quality. Icon 5" rear springs and 3-4" blocks will improve the rear.

If you are looking to replace your system my recommendation will depend on how tall you want to go. If you are looking for something in the 7-9" lift range then the Icon 4-Link Coil-over System will provide outstanding ride quality and performance. If you are wanting to go taller (10-16" range) then One Up Offroad is definitely the way to go.

Please let me know if you would like more information on any of these or other options. Thanks
Old 05-28-2010, 07:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to WydOpen
Marty, thanks for the reply and information. I just plan on upgrading, not replacing the full system. I want to stay with the 8" lift I currently have. It is a good ride height for me. Also, I'm barely legal here in Virginia and I've already been pulled over and inspected by a State Trooper. I was under the bumper limit by 1" on the front and because my rear is sagging I was well under the limit on the rear. Your recommendation for the rear is probably what I'll go with and use OUO's 3" traction blocks with the Icon 5" springs.

For the front, do I have to purchase Icon's complete 7-9" four-link coilover kit, or do they offer just an upgrade kit? Is it compatible with my Fabtech four-link? Wondering if I can just purchase the upper/lower brackets and coilover and replace the factory spring tower brackets.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WydOpen View Post
Marty, thanks for the reply and information. I just plan on upgrading, not replacing the full system. I want to stay with the 8" lift I currently have. It is a good ride height for me. Also, I'm barely legal here in Virginia and I've already been pulled over and inspected by a State Trooper. I was under the bumper limit by 1" on the front and because my rear is sagging I was well under the limit on the rear. Your recommendation for the rear is probably what I'll go with and use OUO's 3" traction blocks with the Icon 5" springs.

For the front, do I have to purchase Icon's complete 7-9" four-link coilover kit, or do they offer just an upgrade kit? Is it compatible with my Fabtech four-link? Wondering if I can just purchase the upper/lower brackets and coilover and replace the factory spring tower brackets.
4" Traction blocks are the smallest that are made. If your asking is the coil mounts and coilovers will work with your fabtech 4-link kit, yes they will. You can buy the coilover mounts and coilovers separately.

Here is the link to the COILOVERS and the MOUNTS

Last edited by SAK; 05-28-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.